5.05.2009

elegance is didot...




Over the past weekend while finishing up details on one wedding invite, and moving on to the next, I took a little gander for some other wedding-ish script fonts and then some how ended up in serif land. I totally want this Didot Display set now! How elegant and sophisticated is this font? I always forget about Didiot... too often over-shadowed by fonts like Garamond (I still like you, lol). Didot Headline looks great too. Totally "upscale and stylish," this is the perfect font for magazines, invites, and luxury packaging... beautiful!

Photos: My Fonts

4 comments:

Creategirl said...

Daniella, I just found you through "class" and really enjoy your blog. It is so fresh. Plus I am a girl who loves fashion, interiors and typographer! This post is fantastic and I want to use this font always!

Sandi said...

did you know that Vanity Fair and Vogue use didot? Vanity Fair actually had a custom Didot made just for them.a little random info for the day.

Daniella said...

I know! It's definitely a magazine fav... i'd use it! lol.

Amanda said...

It's actually pretty vintage. Came out soon after Bodoni, I think. It's funny how something can stay modern even 200 years later. But yeah, it's a beautiful font.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin