7.31.2009

flea market finds...



Personally I think there's a fine line between finding the perfect shabby chic look and crossing over into knick knack town, lol. But when it's done right, it can look so good! These two pics are definitely my kind of shabby chic. Simple, and not overdone, with great little punches of pink colour. I love the bowl of flowers on the table, as opposed to a vase, and all those pillows are so great together. The details of that antique sofa are so pretty too... I love that kind of furniture as a statement piece.

10 comments:

The Consummate Hostess said...

Oh fabulous finds!

heather -Gathering Spriggs said...

oh, yes. right up my alley! love these pics!

The Hip Homemaker said...

I totally agree on the fine line... I have one friend who does a great job on just this. she would be very enamored with your finds!

Amanda Nicole said...

I know exactly what you mean. I love antique and thrift shops, and sometimes I'll stand there holding an item in a lengthy consideration of whether it's neat or knick-knacky. I love this antique sofa though!

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

Knick knack town - I love it! And you're so right. I love this look too but it's so easy to cross over into fussy and cluttered. The second photo is perfection. Love everything about it. Have a great weekend, Daniella!

Daniella said...

I know, I really love the sofa! Have a great weekend!

Sarah Klassen said...

I agree -- that sofa is incredible! I prefer antiques/vintage pieces to be shown off, and usually against a clean background...like gray or white, or even something modern. Great post...

Have a fantastic weekend*

Mise said...

You're right about the fine line, and this is what I call unshabby chic. It's perfect - an imitable sofa contrasted with 'I made it at home' style cushions, and the mix of toile and ticking stripes is perfect. No fuss and no fakery.

maureenlynne said...

these images are so lovely, and yes, i agree, this look can be over done..but less is more. the vintage look is so romantic...lovely pics, thanks for sharing.. maureenlynne

Joanna Goddard said...

gorgeous! the sofa looks so inviting :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin