8.30.2009

back in black...








This weekend my mother and aunt came shopping with me and the whole event had a familiar tune...

Mom: "Black? Again Daniella? Why don't you try on this bright pink?"
(Mother holds scarf to face)
Mom: "See! It looks great!"
Daniella: "No thanks Mom, I like the warm grey though..."
Aunt: "What about this red dress?"
Daniella: "Does it come in black?"
(Mom & Aunt whisper to themselves about what colours I should be wearing)
Daniella: "I can hear you."

This scenario played out about 10 times... lol. I just love black! Is that such a crime? It goes with everything, it can be dressed up all Paris chic, and dressed down with a slight rocker edge... you can match anything, and everything looks great together... what's to lose? I say, back with black! How do you feel about black?

Photos: H&M "Back in Black"

14 comments:

Simply Mel said...

If you looked in my closet, you would understand my deep love for black! It is THE color!

Montanna said...

Black is my staple too! Don't apologize! <3

Amanda~Weekend Host said...

Hear, hear! My wardrobe is also made up of staple black and whites. Can't go wrong!

eternelmode said...

(Mom & Aunt whisper to themselves about what colours I should be wearing)
Daniella: "I can hear you."

Priceless. :D

I am with you, most of my closet is black.

Gintare said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gintare said...

Most of my things in my closet are black! I feel great in black! I don't think there is anything wrong with it..

Sarah Klassen said...

Hilarious! Don't feel bad -- everyone tells me that as a redhead, I should be wearing green. But to be honest, I don't like most greens! Most of my wardrobe is gray, black, white, soft pink, deep blue, and the rest (maybe 10%) is made up of bright colors. (like Kelly green, choral and magenta) Most of my shoes are black or gray and same for my handbags. Black and/or black + white is always chic! A classic. Go with your gut -- you probably have beautiful black pieces that you've owned for years because of it :)

manpreet sekhon said...

hi.....
your blog pictures are so beautiful
Aman Toor
jolly arora

Farfallina said...

Same here... Just LOVE black! It goes with everything and I always feel good in it... It's stylish, also if it's just a simple black t-shirt!

caroline @ patagonia gifts said...

oh yes, I love black too! most of my closet is black, white and neutrals.

Anonymous said...

I used to wear alot of black but have switched it for greys of all shades. Less harsh/stark than black but also versatile. Somehow a soft grey is very flattering while a black can sometimes be too harsh.

Daniella said...

Good to know everyone else loves black too! I like soft greys as well... i definitely need to start some sweater and jacket shopping in these shades far fall...

Magchunk said...

I love gray and black too. I look good in blue so I usually mix in a few blue items, but photo evidence shows that those are the colors that I look best in. I should just steer clear of white altogether (pale redhead, and it doesn't usually slim me down any either).

Her name was Lola said...

RIGHT ON! Black is the basis of my wardrobe (I must have about a zillion LBDs) and I am an enormous supporter of this back with black movement!

Cheers.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin