8.25.2009

framework...



I find a little framework and molding does wonders for any room in the house... it instantly changes a room to have that european feel... like the way they used to build houses, with intricate crown molding and interesting architecture. I love this neutral room though, with the long framework all the way down the wall. It's the perfect place for that picture to be hung too! Loving the modern, somewhat traditional chair as well...

Photos: Fondly Seen, Desire to Inspire

4 comments:

Sarah Klassen said...

Love it! I had re-painted my room and vaulted ceiling in white, but added moulding work in a chunky, blocky way. It offers interest, yet looks clean at the same time...the more intricate look is equally pretty I think and adds such a tailored appeal to a space. The deep colored, contrasting treads on the stairs look pretty with the chair and painting...that little single table is delightful as well!

Lovely, lovely ~

Farfallina said...

That room looks fabulous, indeed!

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

Agreed! I am a huge fan and believer in moulding! It always adds that extra something I look for in a room - a European feel :)

I love your blog by the way! So glad I found you :)

Daniella said...

Hi Crystal! Yay! I'm glad you stopped by, i've added you too, lol.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin