8.25.2009

portable office...



How cool is this portable office? It's actually a handmade reproduction of an over-sized steamer trunk - and it's on wheels. I love the outright globe trotter look. And it has over 3000 hand-hammered brass nailheads! I'm loving everything at Restoration Hardware lately. It all has that industrial french feel... and to be honest I had no idea they existed until recently. I always heard some of the other designers in my office talk about them... Restoration Hardware... sounds like a Home Depot to me... turns out I was completely mislead, this site rocks! Expensive - but still great for inspiration or save for the perfect piece. I'll definitely be posting more of this lovely store in the future...

9 comments:

caroline @ patagonia gifts said...

oh my! this is my dream office! lovely! xo

miche said...

love love love that office! its so simple and pretty.

captivate me. said...

what a great idea!! Love it :-)

Her name was Lola said...

That is one fabulous trunk. I love Restoration too!

Cheers.

Polly R said...

THat is so cool! I love it xx

Farfallina said...

Wow, that's sooo original! Fabulous!

Gintare said...

That is such a fun idea! :D I love it!

Sarah Klassen said...

This is hilarious -- I was just about to create a post on a desk, luggage style, as well! I will do so, but link this fabulous post as well :)

This is a great innovation! We have a Restoration Hardware nearby -- it has such a clean and fresh appeal inside -- their cleaning products are killer as well, if you get a chance, smell "Shore" :)

Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle said...

RH is one of my favorites and this trunk is fabulous. I love a room with large scale pieces rather than a lot of smaller items.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin