9.13.2009

the country house...







Lately i've discovered how much better local, farm fresh food is. I think I would much rather eat seasonally, than buy from the grocery store again... I was seriously starting to lose my faith in strawberries, lol. Even by the time local ones hit the grocers it's too late! They're so much better from the farmer's market. Wouldn't it be lovely to enjoy all that food at your weekend house in the country? The perfect getaway for the warm sunny weather, and a great place to get cosy in the winter... sounds good to me!

6 comments:

Cookie Cutter said...

Sometimes I wonder if I'll trade my life in the city for the charms of the country.

Dustjacket Attic said...

Sounds wonderful, you have inspired me to make the effort to go to farmers markets.
xxx

The Consummate Hostess said...

I couldn't agree more as I actually had a similiar incident with tomatoes. Farmers Market's are such a great a resource, I like to pick the farmer's brain for information about preparation. Lovely pictures!

Daniella said...

Oh it's so worth the effort! I'm so excited to make some better dinners and eventually go apple picking this season!

I'm hoping I can maybe get up way early enough to go to the largest farmer's market in town here. I have a wedding... but maybe I can make it if i'm up on time! lol

Thanks for stopping by!

caroline @ patagonia gifts said...

oh yes, fresh vegetables and fruits are so different in local markets! yummy! xo

andrea said...

*sigh...* i would love to be living a life in the country right now... maybe have my own garden and work on it all the time. then you have that perfect feeling of aching muscles and accomplishment. which wouldn't make you feel so bad to just spend a day lying in a field napping or reading a book. what a life! you always find such gorgeous images.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin