9.30.2009

diana mini...




So i'm thinking about getting a Diana Mini... and yes I know what you're thinking, is that camera even real?

Sure is! It's pretty much a toy, but that's what I love about it. The plastic casing has unexpected light leaks causing your photos to be a little unpredictable when developed. But remember the good ol' days when every roll of film would be a fun surprise? Excitedly flipping through each photo to see what turned out? Well i'm hoping that's what I can achieve with the Diana Mini. The best part... it produces square - or even 72 half frame - photos using 35mm film... soft & dreamy images, super-saturated colors, unpredictable blurring, and random contrast... sounds fun to me!

Photos: Diana Mini, Tumbler

7 comments:

Sandi said...

you're gonna love it. I know I love my holga!!The plastic is so light and you can carry it around anywhere.

plaisirs simples said...

i got one recently and am in LOVE with it! the first couple rolls might not come out JUST how you'd like but once you figure out the lighting and everything they are AMAZING!! you'll have so much fun with it!!

Rebecca June said...

Where are you thinking about purchasing yours from? I have looked online but I am not sure the best place to fulfill this dream.

xoxo

Rebecca June

Daniella said...

Hi Rebecca - if you just click on the words Diana Mini in my post it'll take you to the microsite for the camera...

http://shop.lomography.com/shop/

Then you just add Diana Starter Kit to your basket!

A Life More Fabulous said...

Oh yes - definitely get one! Think of the lovely shots with fall leaves, Christmas lights...

♥Simply Seductive said...

Thanks for sharing this... I want to get into photography and this appears a fun way to get started!

All the very best,

Daniella said...

I just got mine in the mail today! So excited to try it out... i'll have to scan some pics in!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin