9.08.2009

inspired reading...




I finally got the chance this weekend to sit down and read a little more of the book Julie & Julia... I am loving Julie's personality, her writing is hilarious, even with the more than occasional f-shot, lol. When I was looking through the movie's website though I came across this background photo of this gorgeous kitchen! I'm thinking it's Julia's set in the movie (i've yet to see it!), but how perfect is it? The simple basics with those beautiful copper pots... which all pairs perfectly with some other french interiors I came across... I think I should of been born in France... I just love all the details...

10 comments:

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

All three of these images are breathtaking. Oh the French! Too much beauty to handle :)

I'm currently reading Julia Child's memoir, "My Life in France" - it is so good! Have you read it? And you will definitely love the movie! It's so well done that I saw it twice!

kristin said...

All I have to say is yummmm! Love the pictures.

Shell Blog said...

YES! "My Life in France" is just wonderful. One of my fave reads.

Blair said...

I think copper pots may be one of my favorite kitchen accessories! Oh, to live in France...

Sarah Klassen said...

I can't wait to see the movie :)

Anything French brings on wonderfully memories and my love for their lifestyle, design, architecture... well, everything! I cannot wait to return and these pics make me want to go back so much :) They're beautiful!

pam@pixelimpress said...

yes, see the movie! i saw it this past weekend. and it's great. made me chuckle many many times. meryl is amazing as julia. pam

ps i'm now addicted to saying 'bon appetite' as julia would. my husband may disown me.

Mocca and Me said...

I LOVE the pictures. Especially the bedroom looks absolutely beautiful.

Cheers,
Natascha

The Consummate Hostess said...

Fantastic images! I want to curl up in that amazing bed!

Christine said...

I am in the middle of Julie and Julia too! love! The movie is fantastic, Meryl is unreal as Julia! Must see!

Daniella said...

I know! I can't wait to see it... must finish book first, lol... Pam - that is hilarious, "My husband may disown me"... too funny!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin