10.22.2009

bold autumn glamour...




I can't get over how well black, brown, and gold create a glamorous effect when using bold shapes and detailed patterns like this. I love the over-sized lampshades with tiny little tassels, the modern chair upholstered in golden brocade, and the high headboard with nailhead trim. It's the perfect palette to cosy up to, don't you think?

Oh and have I ever mentioned how badly I would love a greyhound? Look at him all elegant and poised, lol. Did you know they're rated one of the best dogs for small space living? It's a common misconception that they need run around all day - in fact, they're known to be quite the cuddly couch potatoes... too cute.

Photos: Chris Everard

7 comments:

Miz.November said...

I swear, I was just thinking about how all home shots seem to look so much more inviting when they have a lovely dog in them. He does look so regal sitting there.

Farfallina said...

What a perfect place! Love the colors and love the fact that it's modern, but still warm and cozy! Perfect for fall...

caroline @ patagonia gifts said...

omg! how did you know I'm coveting glamorous gold things lately? wow! that dining room is to die for!

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

LOVE the dining room with those lamps and that mirror! It's beautiful!

Sallie Ann said...

I just love this. It's got this great masculine element and such incredible elegance.

Rik said...

Beautiful! I love, love, lOVE the headboard. The pattern, the nailhead trim... just fabulous!

kailee said...

omg these are totally my new bedroom colors. great find as always....i love the IG

Blog Widget by LinkWithin