grey days + thank you...

It's a very grey day today, with the sun peeking through the clouds. Even though grey days aren't ideal, inside your home this palette creates a soothing, tranquil feeling. I love the look of different greys layered in a livingroom and in the bathroom grey sets the stage for a clean, fresh look. With pops of colour like books or a vase of flowers, you can have that little bit of brightness through the clouds...

Also want to say thanks to Mocca & Me and Farfillina for the Kreativ Blogger Awards and to the girls at Urban Nest and Rebbeca June for the Honest Scrap Award! And thank you to a couple others from a few weeks ago. Very sweet of you all, I appreciate it!... and in an effort to keep things going, i'd like to pass on the Kreativ Blogger Award (get your badge here), in which I need to share 7 things you may not know about me and 7 blogs i'd like to pass this on to!

1. I can bake (really good apple pie for example) from scratch, but when it comes to real cooking my boyfriend is the one with the skills.
2. I really dislike Tyra's "acting" and yet I still force myself to watch America's Next Top Model.
3. I don't like tomatoes on their own, but I like everything made with tomatoes...(maybe I should try them again?)
4. I'm fascinated by the idea of throwing dinner parties and going all Martha Stewart domestic goddess.
5. I'm 5ft 1in, and in serious need of heels.
6. I love country music (among other genres) and it often makes me wonder what it would be like to grow up in a small town in the South.
7. When I was young I became obsessed with "Girls Life" and have loved magazines ever since.

And 7 blogs deserving of this award... all amazing with a great eye for style!


Rachel Follett said...

My husband is the cook of the house too! So great to know more about you!

Thank you for the award! You have an amazing eye for style too so this is such a huge compliment. :)

Laura said...

I totally agree with these well deserbing blogs and you also have a great eye for design. Clean and sophisticated rooms. What a wonderful blog sweetie! Come stop by for a slice of San Francisco..

Apt. #34 said...

Thanks so much for the award my dear. So fun to get to know you over blogging...7 things about myself though -that'll be hard!


Thank you, Daniella! Your blog is one of my absolute favorites so I'm really flattered. And hey, we have some very random things in common. 1) I'm petite too! It gives us an excuse to wear all those gorgeous sky high heels, right? And 2) I like country music too which always freaks everyone out when they first find out because apparently it's not "me" given my tastes . . . Now I can point to you and say, I'm not the only one. :) Thanks again, sweetie! You made my day.

Dustjacket Attic said...

Hi darling,
Thank you so much for including The Attic in your awards list, I'm very honoured indeed.

I really loved reading your list, I so agree with #2.

Yeah I'd like to do #4 too, :o.

sweet day,

Ashley said...

Totally with you on #4 girl!

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

Thanks so much Daniella! I'm so flattered as you are a fav blog of mine and a daily read!! It was so much to learn more about you through this post!

Have a great evening!


Daniella said...

You're all very welcome!!

Alek - Too funny about the country thing... I don't think people expect it from me at all! lol.

Simone said...

LOL - I always say I won't be watching the next season of "ANTM".....and then I always am....Tyra drives me mad too!

Sarah Klassen said...

This is awesome! I love finding out fun things about my favorite bloggers, such as yourself :)

I'm only 5'2" so I can totally relate ;) It's nice being petite, I think...

pam@pixelimpress said...

i'll chime in on the petite thing. i'm also only 5'1". heels?? rarely. i trip in anything higher than a flip flop.

try grape tomatoes on their own. they're sooo sweet.

love the images. that grey subway tile is awesome. pam

Brabourne Farm said...

Hi Daniella,

Thank you so much for this lovely award from a very stylish and interesting blogger. Now I've just got to think of 7 interesting things about me - there's a challenge! Leigh

Laura Gaskill said...

Ack! Thank you so much!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin