10.06.2009

ny influence...









My past post on Breakfast at Tiffany's (here) has me thinking about NY again. I've yet to visit, but one of these days I will make it to the city that never sleeps... it has me dreaming up gorgeous lofts in the sky... busy streets... high heels... fashionistas... and yellow cabs... amongst coffee at a cute café, trips to museums and more shops than i'd know what to do with. And of course... Breakfast at Tiffany's is a must. I wonder how many people actually end up doing that? Have you ever literally had breakfast outside of Tiffany's?

Photos: Lonny Magazine, Style.com, Unknown - forgot sorry!, The Sartorialist

8 comments:

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

You definitely must pay NY a visit!! I consider it home and think it is the greatest city in the world. No question. This post has me wanting to go too!

alicia said...

NYC is really overrated. Been there twice. Only redeeming quality is Anthony Bourdain's restaurant, Les Halles.

Sarah Klassen said...

I totally did that! :) I have pics in memory of that moment, complete with a croissant!

My Mom surprised my for my 16th with 2 tickets to NYC for 10 days -- her and I went and had a blast! I enjoyed so many things about it...the shopping, the restaurants, the architecture. The second time we went, we explored different areas, and even ventured over to Connecticut. Yale University is another amazing site :)

You should definitely go sometime -- you would love it, Daniella! I'm not a beach vacation girl at all. I choose either the city or countryside -- I think it has something to do with my fair skin + the fact that I tend to burn so easily!

Lovely pics, also! Have a great day*

Sandra said...

great pieces! very inspiring! :)

box-of-style

Kristin said...

Love the photos from Lonny Magazine - I keep going back to them over and over again because they're just fabulous.

I've never been to NYC (I apparently lived in Jamaica Queens when I was 2, but that hardly counts). I'm hoping to visit the city soon with my close friends and boyfriend!

Kristin said...

Oh! And I've DEFINITELY have had breakfast outside of Tiffany's, but I did it in Chicago.

Sandi said...

just had a great ideaa.
Let's go to NYC together!! I've never been either!!! Maybe we could do an extended weekend, like thursday to sunday or something? Whatya say?!

a Broad said...

When I lived in NY, I definitely was in and outside of Tiffany's but never had breakfast there :)

But I love your idea of dressing like Audrey for the day .

Blog Widget by LinkWithin