10.15.2009

the statement mirror...




There's no better decor item than big statement mirror. I love what it brings to a room... reflecting so much light and creating the illusion of a bigger space. It just enhances the whole room and there's so many gorgeous framed mirrors out there. Here's a few tips on what to do with that fabulous find...

Hang a mirror opposite a doorway to bounce light back into the room.
Mirroring an entire wall will "double" the size of the room.
Using mirrored trays paired with a lamp brings sparkle to a room.
Use a framed mirror to display cosmetics, jewelry, & perfume.
Mirrored backsplash will reflect tons of sparkle as you cook in the kitchen.
Grouping mirrors on a wall create a great art display & reflect the light.
Hang a mirror in a cramped hallway to create more "space".

Photos: The City Sage, Unknown (this one escaped me!), Moodboard

6 comments:

Holly said...

I am eternally on a quest for my statement mirror. Love these.

caroline @ patagonia gifts said...

the 2nd one is my fave! exquisite!

connie said...

Really, really fabulous!

Sallie Ann said...

Great pics. I am really trying to find the perfect mirror to mix with the 19th Century German Repro. dressing table I designed 4 years ago. I adore the piece, but need something much softer and more romantic for the "icing." These are great ideas!

Kristin said...

Oooo, the second photo is divine. ;-)

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

mirrors are one of my absolutely favorite things in the world! I am especially in love with the second image!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin