10.20.2009

tiffany pearls...




"Magnificent in their luminosity and iridescence, pearls are the only gems perfect in themselves, their natural beauty unaided by cutting, faceting or polishing."

This is what I find fascinating about pearls... they're so beautiful on their own as a studded pair of earrings or an elegant strand of pearls. In the book "Tiffany Pearls" (which I picked up half price last year, always great!) John Loring writes about the history of pearls, from Cleopatra to Elizabeth I... and of course our beloved Audrey. There are so many gorgeous images in this book I had a hard time narrowing it down to just a few... from historical pieces, to Tiffany's private sketches, to grand costume pieces... you'll definitely see why a simple pair of pearls remain a classic. Lucky for me... my boyfriend picked me up a pair a couple years ago and I love them!

Speaking of jewelry, just a reminder that you have until noon today to sign up for the Emily Elizabeth Jewelry giveaway... good luck to the soon-to-be-winner!

Photos: Tiffany Pearls, scanned by myself - Dress, Design & Decor

6 comments:

Simone said...

I agree, pearls are just beautiful, so classic.

caroline @ patagonia gifts said...

I adore this image of Audrey! so beautiful! xo

a sweet concoction said...

love the new layout!! :)
pearls, Audrey, and Tiffanys..what can be more fabulous???

hope you can visit my new fashion blog!
http://the-ensemble-project.blogspot.com/

Lylah Ledner said...

Truly, there is something so simply feminine about pearls. Love it.

In Honor of Design said...

oh how I love Audrey Hepburn,and hence love pearls...

Her name was Lola said...

Le sigh, Ms. Hepburn simply takes my breath away! Every time! Without fail! I just adore her.

{P.S. I adore the new additions to your blog}. Cheers.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin