10.08.2009

warm tones + juliet wings...









Have you given any thought to Halloween? Do you still get dressed up and head out to parties? I've always wanted to go as an angel, minus the halo (unnecessary costume hair issues if you ask me), but yes to the wings... not just any wings though... the wings... as in Claire Danes in Romeo & Juliet wings. It's by far one of my favourite movie looks... the simple, sweet white dress, her pulled back brunette hair, and of course those wings... it's all so romantic. I've yet to find the perfect pair with long, elegant white feathers like that, but when I do, you can bet i'll be saving them for my next Halloween costume...

Photos: Romeo & Juliet Movie, Le Love, Sweet Home Style, Brabourne Farm, Google Search, Delight by Design, Domino

15 comments:

Dustjacket Attic said...

The warm tone pictures are gorgeous, I feel good just looking at them.
xxx

Sandi said...

so lovely! HEYYY I just spotted quite a few different angel wings hand made on etsy. There's still time to order a pair! and Romeo & Juliet, That is one of my favourite movies of all times! I used to watch it over and over again...

Calvine said...

You put up so many thoughtful, beautiful posts, but this one takes the cake! I loved seeing the photos of Romeo and Juliet - great movie! - brought to life again and connected to some wonderful design motifs. You have such a great eye, thanks for sharing!

Deva84 said...

Gosh I LOVE this film! beautiful ideas!

Jacquelyn said...

This is a beautiful post...and costume idea!

Miz.November said...

I have seen some pretty amazing wings on Etsy. They cost, but they way surpass anything you'll find in the store.

Her name was Lola said...

How romantic! What lovely {un-ghoulish} costume inspiration.

Cheers.

April (Everything Little Miss) said...

beautiful inspiration. i love those wings!

Laura Gaskill said...

Oh, I think my heart skipped a beat! I adore that version of Romeo & Juliet - so, so sweet. And I love the angel look done that way. Now if you could just get Leo in to accompany you in a suit of armor...LOL

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

This is a seriously GORGEOUS post! That scene in the movie were leonardo first sees claire (and the song playing in the background) is one of my all time favorite romantic moments - it makes me melt each time!

Image 2 and 3 - I'm in love with them!

xo,
Crystal

A Life More Fabulous said...

Love, love, love this post - beautiful collection! x

Rebecca June said...

I could not agree MORE about the angel wings. I still have not found these beauties either! Good luck and let me know if you come across the real deal!

xoxo

Rebecca June

Sarah Klassen said...

I am going to repeat what has been said, but I LOVE this post, Daniella!

That movie is so memorable and romantic...not to mention insanely pretty. I also have image 03 saved -- it is so gorgeous! And that entrance in image 02 -- enchanting!

:)

DeShawn & Sara said...

Daniella- Have you seen this?!!
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=29348379

Daniella said...

Oh yes! I have seen that before.. I think on another blog!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin