11.26.2009

coco before chanel...











Finally watched Coco Before Chanel last night and absolutely loved it. Audrey Tautou is wonderful in the movie (isn't she always?). So very parisian with so much elegance, she perfectly fits the roll. It's great to learn the beginnings of what is such a strong empire today... I mean Chanel as we know it started with just a few straw hats... hard to imagine isn't it? I love her story though... she was such a strong individual. When others were prancing around in white frilly frocks, tight corsets, and over the top adornments... Coco discovered simple hats, flowing black dresses, fisherman's stripes, and mens pyjamas (which i'm currently dying to hunt down btw, white/cream silk with black trim... swoon...) Totally appreciate how she changed fashion for women everywhere... an amazing accomplishment indeed.

7 comments:

Sandi said...

oh I really wanna see that!!
I'm going to seeThe September issue next week!! Maybe I'll rent Coco this wknd...

Farfallina said...

Oh I adores that movie! Just wished it would have been a little bit longer...

Heather -Gathering Spriggs said...

omg. i cant wait to see it. thanks for the review. im in love already.

Maria said...

I have to watch that movie too! :)

Miz.November said...

I really want to see this movie! I will be lucky to even find it in my little bitty town.

destined to design said...

fantastic photos! i've been wanting to see this for so long, i'll have to go this week.

RRRaul said...

Huge disappointment for me...the introductions of the style elements that she was known for were so contrived. The movie was very slow paced and felt longer than the 90 or so minutes.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin