11.25.2009

evergreen + frilly whites...








As the holidays draw closer, I tend to start thinking about different colour palettes for decorating, but always fall back on a true classic of natural green and a slight off-white. All my Christmas tree decorations are either white or silver... and instead of tinsel, I like to weave thick ribbon throughout the tree. I'm actually kind of excited about putting up the tree this weekend, along with twinkly lights and vases of sparkly glass balls... even though it still feels a little early... Nothing a cup of tea and Christmas music won't fix! When do you usually start to decorate?

Oh and how cute is that little walnut cracker key? Way better then trying to smash them open, and it'd make a great little stocking stuffer too...

6 comments:

caroline @ patagonia gifts said...

oh love that wreath, darling! and the bathtub? gorgeous! I usually start decorating on Dec. 8 but I think this year won't resist to start earlier!

Kristin said...

Love the pictures - they're very pretty. I also really liked the walnut cracker key. I've seen them before and never realized what they were. The second I saw the photo above I instantly thought "Ohhhh... now I get it..." ;-)

chelsea said...

this is a really beautiful post. i am super picky about holiday decorations and this hits the mark for me. happy thanksgiving!

Paula Grace Designs said...

What a lovely and different choice. It will be so elegant.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Paula Grace

P.S. I am havinga wonderful holiday giveaway on Monday ~ beautiful art glass ornaments ~ stop in :)

Shannon www.OldWorldCharm.info said...

Wow! Thank you for posting such gorgeous images! :-)

Shannon

Miz.November said...

Beautiful colors, indeed. I'm a little excited about decorating this year, too. I'm never home enough to enjoy it, so I may start early to buy myself more magic time.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin