11.17.2009

fond memories + cool winds...









Everyone loves the beach on a hot, summer day, but most of my best memories of the beach are during the cool, early days of spring and late days of fall. When I was younger we used to head up to a cottage in Kincardine, with a yard full of rocky sand and tall over-grown grass always rustling in the breeze. In Scotland, the wind was always strong and cold, causing the waves to crash to the shore – although I didn't seem mind being so pre-occupied with collecting rocks and shells. Then there were times with friends... skipping class for a beach picnic with no witnesses but a few seagulls... or DQ ice cream while we walked along the shore – our hands practically frozen to our cups. And of course a time or two where I hid behind my boyfriend to shield myself from the wind. I don't love the cold weather, but I love these particular memories... all bundled up in a million layers... has me me wanting a new cardigan or two to cosy up in. Shopping (or rather window-shopping) anyone?

A few cool-weather finds...

6 comments:

Simply Mel said...

And these gorgeous cuddly sweaters are exactly why I love Fall and Winter!

Shannon www.OldWorldCharm.info said...

Absolutely wonderful post, Daniella! Thanks for sharing it. :-)

Shannon

Daniella said...

Thanks!

caroline @ patagonia gifts said...

oh loved so much this post, Daniella! and so lovely images too!

Miz.November said...

I especially love those last two shots. The snow lingering in the grasses is so pretty.

Blair said...

You have such an amazing eye for color! Such lovely pre winter images.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin