11.02.2009

walk-up wonder...






So I know walk-up apartments with 4 or 5 flights of stairs present all kinds issues on their own (I can see groceries making more than one trip up) but it doesn't stop me from dreaming about that romantic NY feel... classic apartments with intricate woodwork and lots of light. I love the front door with thick bordering trim and that fluffy couch looks so comfy... and with the glass table, it still looks roomy in that corner... i'm dying to find one like it. Light and airy is the way to go... for me anyways...

Photos: Your Home as a Sanctuary, scanned by myself - Dress, Design & Decor, MSL

9 comments:

houseofcarney said...

Oh Girl! I had to walk up six flights today because the elevators were out. And sadly they weren't as gorgeous as the ones you're dreaming about. :(

Cookie Cutter said...

I love the amount of light in this apartment and its clean look! Natural lighting is so wonderful, isn't it?

Renee (eatliveshop.com) said...

gorgeous photo's!

Gintare said...

Oh this post is so pretty!
I see you've changed your banner! I like it a lot.
Have a great day!!
Gintare

Sallie Ann said...

I agree, these pictures look so airy and comfortable. And I too love the moldings and the light filled rooms. However, having lived in a gorgeous 20's building w/ a very unreliable elevator, I have grown to embrace my 60's building. Wish I could find a perfect combo! It's no fun going up stairs in snow boots and layers. Great pictures.

Maria said...

Oh, so beautiful, again!

Would you show pictures from your own home some day? ;)

Brabourne Farm said...

Gorgeous apartment and just think how fit you'd get! Leigh

Daniella said...

house of carney - I hear yeah! When I first moved into my new building, the construction workers constantly stalled the elevators... 9 floors of stairs is not cool!

gintare - thanks! I like this one way better.

maria - I actually did a little home interview with Kristin from Discover Interior Design... it was when I just moved in though, so kind of empty... I still need to decorate! You can see some pics here though:

http://discoverinteriordesign.com/2009/08/at-home-with-daniella-of-dress-design-decor/

leigh - tell me about it! sometimes i'll climb the stairs at home (9 flights) but then i'm like why did I take the stairs, lol...

Thanks for stopping by everyone!

carrie @ bloomacious said...

love these photos - oh to be so organized :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin