... The holiday season has finally arrived! Time for list making, gift buying, decorating, baking, sparkly soirées and more... it's such a busy time, i'm sure it'll just fly by... which brings me to my first point – list making. That's right, i'm one of those crazy list people... computer lists, phone lists, post its, notebooks and more... so I was happy to read Kristin's post yesterday over on Discover Interior Design, where she made a list of "Things To Do This Holiday Season"and inspired me to make my own...
So what are my holiday to-do's this year?
1. Write out and mail my Christmas cards to family & friends. It's one of those things you need to do early, and I found the cutest little cards with a hint of "french" to them.
2. Finish scanning ALL my family photos for one giant album i'm making for my Mom. Luckily if I don't make the deadline for Christmas, her birthday is January 2nd – whew.
3. Pick up everyone's gifts early this year, as in the next two weeks. I had it all done early last year and it was GREAT.
3. Get creative with wrapping! I'm thinking kraft paper this year with pretty ribbon or striped string (red or blue), and those adorable manilla hang tags.
4. Drink more hot chocolate – but wait for it to cool down first this time.
6. Bake my Mom's whipped shortbread cookies - you will LOVE these. Think the good Scottish stuff but soft, fluffy cookie. 1 cup butter, 1 & 1/2 cups flour, 1/2 cup icing sugar... mix, spoon on sheet lined with parchment paper, sprinkle with sprinkles, bake for 15 mins on 350ºF. That's it!
7. Decorate the tree (check!). Wonder for the next 24 days if Miley will take it down the second I leave for work.
8. If Miley destroys tree, next year plan for decor like in the picture above. Love the mini tree on a table with all the presents in a basket below... gorgeous! The colour palette too.
9. Make menu and drink plans with my boyfriend. Our parents are coming to my place this weekend for a holiday get-together. We're thinking a some yummy hors d'oeuvres and chocolate fountain with fruit for dessert – something fun!
10. Drink tea, cuddle up and watch a few Christmas movies of course, with my twinkly tree all-a-glow.
11. Drive out to see the Christmas lights on the block of "fancy" houses just outside my hometown, lol.
12. Book New Year's plans early - a MUST. (check!)
13. And finally... find some time to relax, read a few inspirational books, and focus on a special project for next year, as well as a volunteer opportunity i'm thinking of doing.
What's on your list? Thanks to Kristin for the inspiration!
Photos: MSL scanned by myself.