12.14.2009

on the {1st & 2nd day} of christmas...



On the second day of Christmas, my true love sent to me...
two turtle doves...
and a partridge in a pear tree...

Well... let the countdown begin! Since technically the first day of the Christmas countdown was yesterday... i'm wrapping both days into one! From now until Christmas, I hope to have a themed post everyday... the holiday will be here before we know it, so we might as well celebrate!

Tonight while wrapping gifts I realized there's not quite as many homes with lights up this year... I wonder why? When I was younger I remember almost every house on the block being light up with coloured, white, icicle, or all blue lights! Do you think the tradition is dying down? Or is your street filled with twinkling bulbs? When I have an actual house to decorate, i'm definitely putting up all white lights. I love how elegant and magical it looks... it's just enough sparkle – even with just a few stars here and there...

Photos: Martha Stewart Living scanned by myself - Dress, Design & Decor

6 comments:

Sarah Klassen said...

Cute snow flakes...

I hope that the traditions never die! There's nothing prettier than driving through a neighbourhood, and each home has been festively adorned with decorations and lights. It's such a magical time of year*

Dustjacket Attic said...

Oh I hope it picks up, I love lights at Christmas. I just love the two pictures you have posted, really gorgeous.

xxx

♥Simply Seductive said...

Hi Daniella,

I think tradition is really important, especially when it comes to Christmas... but it can get tiring to put up the same old decorations. So this year, I decided to switch things up. A simple garland under our front window and a tiny real Christmas tree on our front landing, each decorated in violet LED Christmas lights, and one wreath with two simple poinsettia white flowers on the front door. Simple and beautiful, if I say so myself.

{p.s. also love the snow flakes... so original}

Inspiration in Italy said...

These photos are beautiful. xo

Daniella said...

Thanks for your comments! I think it's lovely too... i'm going to my parents for Christmas, and I think they're will be more lights up in that neighbourhood for sure with all the new families and little kids. Hoping to still do the drive out to the "expensive" street and see what the have up! lol

marseille said...

love the snow flakes. my husband and i were saying just yesterday that there weren't a lot of houses with lights. maybe it's the economy? but you better believe we hung lights this year. our first in a new house. outside christmas decorations was a must.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin