12.15.2009

on the {3rd} day of christmas...




On the third day of Christmas, my true love sent to me...
three french hens...
two turtle doves...
and a partridge in a pear tree...

There are so many different versions of the classic Christmas carols out there now, that you could probably have an entire days worth of songs on your holiday playlist. There are few that might drive you crazy... or a few that stray way too far from the originals... but there's always a few classics that we play over and over. This season I made a new iTunes playlist after having various songs on different cds, some still being at my parent's place... so here are my top picks below. What are your favourites?

1. All I Want for Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey
2. White Christmas (1947 Single) - Bing Crosby
3. Santa Baby (Original) - Eartha Kitt
4. Baby It's Cold Outside - Colin James & The Little Big Band
5. Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow - Dean Martin
6. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Judy Garland
7. It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas - Bing Crosby
8. Sleigh Ride - The Carpenters
9. Home for the Holidays - The Carpenters
10. Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies - Tchaikovsky
11. Frosty the Snowman - Bing Crosby

Photos: Martha Stewart Living scanned by myself - Dress, Design & Decor

10 comments:

Amanda {Mocking Bird} said...

The whole Bing Crosby White Christmas album, The Peanuts Christmas album and Harry Connick's When My Heart Finds Christmas are faves of mine.

That Carol book is gorgeous!

A Whimsical Girl Named Debbie said...

Oh, I love this post! My faves are Nat King Cole's Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire, Eartha Kitt's Santa Baby and Bing Crosby's I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas!
http://girlwhimsy.blogspot.com

Vitania said...

oooh - I love this..:-) my fave is .."Rockin around the Christmas tree have a happy holiday.." Brenda Lee...

When I hear this in the malls I want to break out into dance..

martha brown said...

I LOVE Father Christmas by Greg Lake (or Emerson Lake and Palmer) and I'll Be There Christmas Eve by the Ennis Sisters (from the Women and Song Christmas album) and Baby it's Cold Outside is a definite favourite by anyone -- but I quite like the Rod Stewart/Dolly Parton version, lol.

Lisa said...

Fantastic list...although, Frank Sinatra's Christmas Waltz & Somewhere in My Memory(from the Home Alone soundtrack) are pretty fierce as well.

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

Thank you for this list! I've been meaning to put together a holiday playlist but didn't know where to start. Now I do!

xo

Daniella said...

There are so many I didn't even think of!

And Martha - that rod stewart/dolly parton version sounds very interesting! lol... i'll have to check that one out.

Miz.November said...

My husband and I watch Elf every year at Christmas time. Baby It's Cold Outside is in it, sung by Zoey Dachanel (i know that is spelled wrong). It stays stuck in my head all season.

Daniella said...

Miz.November - That's my favourite version too! I love her voice but I couldn't find the song online! The girl version above has the same kind of voice though, so I went with that one...

1x1000 said...

Nat King Cole's, "The Christmas Song".

Blog Widget by LinkWithin