12.17.2009

on the {5th} day of christmas...







On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me...
five golden rings...
four calling birds...
three french hens...
two turtle doves...
and a partridge in a pear tree...

If you've been reading for a while, you probably know of my love for neutrals... well, the same goes for Christmas decor! There's so many other palettes I like though... a pink tree with gold touches, all white with silver ornaments, or a green tree with purple and gold... so many choices. But there's something so wonderful about a home with Christmas decor to match... like you're just emphasizing the holiday spirit of your home, without going commercial crazy. Kind of how it used to be (or at least how I like to picture it, lol). Loving a natural moss wreath to greet guests at the door, with pretty matching ornaments swinging from a chandelier, and a Christmas table dressed with greenery and paisley Christmas crackers - a must-have treat!

Photos: Martha Stewart Living scanned by myself, Oliveaux, Johanna Henderson, We Are Land Rich ornaments, Classy & Glamorous, Johanna Henderson

6 comments:

cassandra @ coco+kelley said...

ohhhh, i was JUST looking at that martha image! i love it... and i love how fresh green and white is for winter. lovely.

Elizabeth said...

LOVE this color scheme- and that mossy wreath in the first image is my dream come true.

The funny thing about Christmas is that it starts at Thanksgiving. I like to get into the spirit and all, but I certainly don't want to be surrounded with garish red and green for a whole month! A neutral color scheme is much more livable, and much more wintry.

I wonder if this color scheme flies with kids in the house?

Daniella said...

Cassandra - So true! It's a fresh combo, but blends in so well with your home... I love the look!

Elizabeth - I hear yeah! The red and green over a long period of time is a little exhausting, lol... if that even makes sense! Although I have a couple of images on hand where it's not overdone, i'll post them soon I think...

Emily A. Clark said...

Some of my favorite Christmas pics! Love them and your blog. Thanks for sharing :)

strawberry lemonade girl said...

I love your love of neutrals. It's never my "go to" color scheme (you know me, I'm bold and garish! haha) and yet whenever I see these images I secretly swooon for these chic elegant color schemes.

I love christmas but it's true, I'm not a fan of goin' all red and green crazy—or the gold floral overlays.

These ornaments are soooo swoony. Gorgeous as always girlie!

Raru said...

So lovely. I love this pictures. Really.
Thank you for sharing it.
Have a great Sunday.

Raru
79ideas.org

Blog Widget by LinkWithin