12.18.2009

on the {6th} day of christmas...


On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me...
six geese a-laying...
five golden rings...
four calling birds...
three french hens...
two turtle doves...
and a partridge in a pear tree...

Is there anything better to drink during the holiday season than a rich cup of hot chocolate or cocoa? It's definitely a favourite of mine and some would say I put way too many spoons of mix in my cup! But the richer, the better, right? Every now and then I like adding some mint to my hot chocolate, which is usually a quick fix by letting a mint teabag steep in my cup... but recently I came across this yummy looking recipe and had to share! Hope you enjoy yours this weekend while relaxing at home...

Candy Cane Cocoa

4 cups milk

3 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped

4 peppermint candy canes, crushed

1 cup whipped cream

4 small peppermint candy canes

In a saucepan, heat milk until boiling. Whisk in the chocolate, crushed peppermint candies and [stir until] smooth. Pour hot cocoa into mugs, and garnish with whipped cream. Serve each with a candy cane stick. Makes 4 servings.

Photo & Recipe: Style Me Pretty

3 comments:

MissBliss said...

yummy! I love mint flavoring with chocolate!

just posted on hot chocolate too... ;)

my niece was visiting today and saying how much she loves this song when it was on! all new to her... she's only 5.

-danielle ;)

Sallie Ann said...

Yum! I too love hot chocolate. And mint-chocolate is a favorite combo. But, currently I'm addicted to the Mexican variety of hot chocolate:

2 c. semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
1 tsp. cheyenne pepper
1/2 vanilla bean, scraped
2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
Put all of this in a food processor and mix until all mushed together (a very high-level preperation reference). Then mix in 1 cup sugar, and keep in a jar. I sprinkle 1/3 cup over about 2 c. simmering vanilla soy milk until it melts. Adjust to taste. Really yummy!

Daniella said...

Miss Bliss - Aw, so true. I guess all those songs we've heard over and over are new to some!

Sallie Ann - I don't think i've ever had that kind before!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin