12.30.2009

{winding down} + new start, new resolutions...




Well... the year is finally winding down with 2009 coming to an end. I'm looking forward to a brand new year, which I like to think is a fresh start, along with new goals and the joy of springtime – it's the only thing that makes our long winter worth it really.

So now of course, the inevitable question... do you make New Year's Resolutions?

I'm not sure I always stick to all of mine... but I like to still write things down and think about what i'd like to try and accomplish in the next year. It's my crazy list-making personality! Below are some of mine, and I would love to hear yours as well...

1. I'm halfway through a design project i'd really like to get going within the next few months, and then I can share more about it with all of you! It's definitely at the top of my list...

2. I'd like to buy more local, healthy food. I know, everyone always has the "eat healthier" resolution, but it's so true... there's so many better things I could be having, and I really enjoyed going to the farmer's market this past summer. Local strawberries from the market are so much better than local strawberries from the grocery store – the difference still shocks me.

3. Sleep... and just enjoying the little things. Are you one of those night-owl people that randomly stay up late for no particular reason? Haha, that's me (I blame my crazy school hours from when I was in college). I need to get off that habit asap and head to dreamland at a regular time. I think being better rested will help in a lot of other areas too... I need to take sleep more seriously...

What are your resolutions?

P.S. Posting will be light over the next few days with New Years.
Photos: Karl Rothenberger found via Fleur Avenue

7 comments:

MaryBeth Hughes said...

i usually try to come up with a resolution or two but have trouble sticking to them. the big theme for me this 2010 is to stay positive! surround my self with things and people that full fill me and don't sweat the small stuff. i also want to try and draw more, it's something that forgot about after my last college art class, i think it's about time to unpack my supplies and see what happens.

have a great 2010! also, i am so glad that i discovered your blog in 2009 and look forward to more fab posts in 2010. :)

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

I'm with you, I don't always keep my resolutions but I find it helpful to right down my goals anyway. It gets me focused on what's really important to me!

Can't wait to hear more about your design project once it's done.

Happy New Year,
Crystal

caroline @ patagonia gifts said...

I usually don't make new year's resolutions... but I'd love for next year to be able to enjoy more little, simple things in life... best warm wishes to you on 2010!

Daniella said...

Mary Beth - Staying positive is a good one! It's so hard to do sometimes...

Crystal - I write everything down... I have my iPhone to keep notes in, but i'm always writing things down on paper too, lol... too many lists everywhere but it really does help you focus...

Caroline - The little things are usually the best! Happy New Year to you as well!

Kristin said...

I'm a total list-whore and without them I would be completely lost! Number 1 on my resolutions for the New Year?

No resolutions. Just change.

Simple (and yet no so simple) as that.... but there's so much possibility wrapped up in it.

Beautiful Living said...

Great minds... I do the same and posted this myself. Goals - both small and large - seem more attainable. (And they can be stretched far into the new year!)

Thank you for your great posts this year Daniella. Happy New Year!

Anna said...

i am 100% that night owl. it is so hard to go to bed! glad i am not the only one.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin