1.20.2010

in the kitchen...



I don't know about you, but I think flowers were meant to go in french, ceramic jugs as opposed to sleek, glass vases. I mean don't they look that much better? Like you just casually grabbed a bunch from the garden? As if it's sunny & gorgeous out there all the time – one can only dream... but i'm sure a bunch of pretty blooms from anywhere is sure to brighten your day...

Loving the ceramic bowl of kitchen utensils as well, along with those little vintage photos tucked casually behind the marble. Makes the kitchen all that more personal, don't you think?

Photos: Simple Home scanned by myself - Dress, Design & Decor

7 comments:

Christina said...

Completely agree! Thanks for suggestion!

Sarah Klassen said...

I love flowers in unusual things, like this great jug!

Even a little tea cup...5 years ago, one of our neighbours was about to throw out a perfectly elegant and decorative, tarnished silver tea pot + we saved it just in time! It looks sweet with soft pink roses...

Lovely photos, Daniella! Thanks for sharing this book with us :)

xo,
Sarah

Kristin said...

I love to place flowers in jugs or other unexpected containers. Oh! That reminds me - when I was in middle school I had my father take apart a glass light bulb that I found. It's a heavy glass and has a design on it and is flat on the top. He removed the bottom end and the electrical components without damaging the glass. I usually use it as a tiny vase for holding a single flower. I love it!

Daniella said...

Christina - You're welcome!

Sarah - I can just picture that now! Silver with light pink roses... how dreamy!

Kristin - That sounds so cool! I'd love to see that.

Joseph said...

We have our utensils in a similar container, but the battered rustic cabinet in these pictures just strikes me as a bit precious. That's probably just the cabinetmaker in me, but if it were my kitchen, that cabinet would have been the first thing to go.

nkp said...

That second shot is going into my inspiration file tout de suite! I like how the cabinet doors are flush with the floor. Very unusual.

Daniella said...

Nelya - I like how they're flush with the floor as well... it looks very neat & tidy...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin