2.24.2010

dramatic drapes...




I love how really tall, long curtains give a great "mansion" type look to a room... like your windows are just so incredibly grand you need the longest, most dramatic drapes available, lol. It reminds me of an english home on a huge estate or a french chateau tucked away somewhere in the country... with the most perfect canopy bed and elegant antique chairs to match, it's a dreamy look come true...

Photos: Trouvais via Tear It Out, House & Garden via Brabourne Farm, Brabourne Farm

8 comments:

Roxy Te Owens said...

I'm in love with that first picture! I've been collecting photos of floor to ceiling French doors with "dramatic drapes" for my "dream home" scrapbook...your first pic is totally making it in :)

Sit. Relax. Gossip. said...

If you want more images of stunning drapes, check out Martensen Jones Interiors: http://www.martensenjonesinteriors.com/

I went through their portfolio the other day and saw tons of beautiful drapes!

Sarah said...

Very pretty post.

Sarah B. said...

YES. So true! I'm determined to someday find a place to use tall, richly colored velvet drapes. I saw some in Dexter's apartment (you know, the TV serial killer - haha) & have been in love ever since!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

I love high windows, you can do so many things and they brighten up the room

Marija said...

Love that description. And I do agree - long dramatic windows give a very dramatic look. I absolutely prefer them tailored and solid to seal the deal. Lovely. Marija

Heather -Gathering Spriggs said...

great minds think alike again! i just did a post on window treatments (before i read this of course). funny. mine are bit less grand though. but i do love this idea of making a room more lofty through raising the curtain rod!

Destination Inspiration said...

I love long drapes! Even if you don't technically 'need' them, if you hang the rods above the top of the window it still gives the same effect, love the drama!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin