2.19.2010

modern whimsy...



I love when two images from different homes seem to have some kind of connection... like this somewhat playful yet, chic looking kitchen and bedroom with a whimsical, fairytale-like bed. And have I told you how much I love blossoming branches in vase? They just add another element of surprise... a nice pop to the room.

Hopefully this is where i'll be this weekend... in my kitchen, cooking up some new recipes after a trip to the farmer's market this saturday... and sleeping in and relaxing all sunday. It's kind of nice when you don't have any concrete plans, you know? What are you up to this weekend?

Hope you all enjoyed Dress, Design & Decor this week, and thanks for stopping by! Here's a few of this week's finds...

Totally an uptown girl...
Garance gets snapped instead...*
A very organic wedding...

*It's all about Garance Doré this week!
**I hope she doesn't think i'm obsessed with her.
***Ok... I might be a little...

Photos: O Mag via Aubrey Road, Papillon Linens

15 comments:

ashlina said...

oh yeah i am digging those rooms...
happy friday!!!

:)

amy b.s. said...

loving those stools! wow!

Anonymous said...

Hi - Where did that bed come from? Were there any more details? Cheers!

Daniella said...

Anon - I will try to find out! There was no info on the photo itself...

Daniella said...

Anon - Ok.. here's the original source (below)... it looks like she clipped the photo to scan, without noting the source... sorry! Maybe try Apartment Therapy? They are always so good at sourcing stuff down for readers... it' such a beautiful bed!

http://papillonlinens.blogspot.com/2009/11/head-to-bed.html

Anonymous said...

Thanks much! I'll see what I can find :)

Laura Trevey said...

Love the 1st image.... just plain cool!

Chic Coles said...

Love that first image of the kitchen. Have a great weekend.

Truly Smitten said...

What a fabulously lovely blog you have!! Looks like I'm staying for a while =)

Renee (eatliveshop.com) said...

i so need those stools! have a great weekend!

Jane Flanagan said...

I love that Thonet bed!!

Brabourne Farm said...

The bed, the bed - it's too divine! Leigh

Jess said...

I want that bed! Makes me feel like I am in a charming (but glamorous!) beach house...
What a great fantasy!

Destination Inspiration said...

Garance is wonderful, I don't blame you for your obsession! Hope you're having a lovely weekend :)

destined to design said...

Thanks for linking/sorry so late, just catching up now! Love that top photo - so fun!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin