2.08.2010

modern kitchens + french flair...








Lately i've been thinking more and more about how to mix a modern style with french flair. I am all for modern kitchens, with french accessories like bistro chairs, striped linens, and copper pots. In fact, i'm beginning to realize that my style in general seems to be modern with that elegant french touch. I love clean lines and precise structure with items that have a certain detailed, ornamental look... does that even make sense? I am loving all these kitchens but mostly the first and the third... those subway tiles are gorgeous and I love the contrast of the curves of wooden bistro chairs. I like the Vienna Café style (here) the most though (which I learned from Kristin, thank you!) Now I just have to look for the perfect set... let the search begin! (if you have any leads, do tell!)

Photos: 1, 3 & 5 - Domino - scanned by myself, 2, 4, 6 - House Beautiful via Discover Interior Design, 7 - Beautiful Things to Share also on Plush Palate today...

13 comments:

connie said...

I love all of these!!!

Hope you had a good weekend. :)

Dustjacket Attic said...

The first one really reminds me of homestead kitchens in rural Australia, I love it.
xxx

Rachel said...

I'm with you - I adore modern styles with a french twist! All of these kitchens are stunning!

Sasha {Everything Fabulous} said...

ohh my love them all!!!

escapade said...

Beautiful, beautiful love the mix with a little bit of an industrial edge...

kristin said...

Hi Daniella! You're welcome for the help. I think the chairs will fit in wonderfully for the style that you are hoping to achieve!

P.S. - That first picture is gorgeous!

pennyrounds said...

Beautiful! That first image has been in my inspiration file from Domino for such a long time! Great post!

Blair said...

oh fabulous post!!!Love all of those kitchen--the first one is my dream eat in kitchen!

Kristi said...

Oh, I am loving these kitchens. How fabulous is that mirror above the stove? There is an idea I never thought of!

Kristi
www.lunaandchloe.com

Marija said...

Yes to the modern kitchen - and home - with french flair! I am on the hunt for dining room chairs - can I pull off the cafe chairs at a formal table?! Hmmm. I just may need to try. And when I find them, I will let you know! Love the gold on the stove. I'm a mix the metals kind of girl, for sure...

polkadot said...

I feel the exact same! Geourgeous mixes! I want that feeling;-)
C

destined to design said...

All gorgeous! But love the first one. So French and lovely.

Vi said...

AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGG! I WANT A KITCHES LIKE THAT WITH A MIRROR!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin