2.23.2010

{peacock blue} shimmering + saturated...






A month or so ago I bought a sweet, little pair of drop earrings with a deep blue jewel in the middle, surrounded by little green stones – I like to to call them my peacock earrings. The colours are saturated, and a little unexpected. I love when something so tiny is all you need to add to an overall neutral outfit. Loving that same shade of blue here... as shimmering sequins on the shore of a beach, the smooth satin shine of gorgeous feathers, and the richly-coloured fabric of a cozy couch or two. It's such a strong jewel-tone, but not overwhelming – which is always good in my opinion...

Photos: via Le Fashion, Le Blog de Betty, David Collin's apt via Habitually Chic, FGR, Peacock Feathers

10 comments:

connie said...

Love that 3rd image! Can that just be my living room so I don't have to decorate now? :)

Destination Inspiration said...

I love these rooms, the colours are stunning. I used to have peacock feather earings, and when I lost one my friend said to me 'it's a sign, peacock feathers are bad luck! You shouldn't wear them or have them in your home'. Just thought I'd share that wives tale with you! Love the post!

Marija said...

This sexy saturated green blue is quickly becoming a favorite in my decorating. I've never been able to make too much turquoise work (maybe it's chicago's weather!) but peacock blue always looks spectacular! Marija

from lara said...

gorgeous love love peacock blue! and those feathers!

Anita Davis said...

i am a sucker for ALL things peacock feather.
that last picture is room-perfection!

Lili said...

It's so fitting that Pantone announced Turquoise as their color for 2010. I've been seeing different shades of bold blues pop up on blogs that I follow lately.

Sarah Klassen said...

Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous!

I just love image 03 -- such great furnishings and textures. The blue, purple and gold look smashing together :)

p.s your earrings sound so pretty!

Daniella said...

Connie - Sure! lol... if only!

Destination Inspiration - I had no idea! They're so pretty though...

Sarah - Thanks! They are actually from AE of all places, but they aren't online... they surprisingly have the best jewelry and it's almost always 2 for 1...

nkp said...

I'm wild for this color in all its varying shades. That sofa, oh my, the richness of the blue is insane.

Courtney said...

Oh my, this is a simply gorgeous shade of blue, paired so well with emerald green.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin