2.18.2010

{style} à la garance doré...



The other day I was flipping through the new February FLARE, only to come across a spread featuring Garance Doré! It's so nice to see an interview with her in one of Canada's favourite fashion magazines. Garance shares all kinds of perfect parisian style tips... which of course, I had to share here!

*Work your assets. In Paris, mother's teach their daughters that you have to show what's good in you, the best part about yourself.

*Details matter. It's not the big things, but the little things that will make you different from everybody.

*Find pieces that have meaning. It's important to buy a few things that have a story and become a part of who you are.

*Be confident.

*Make mistakes. Everyone has their off days, but it shows you tried something new.

*Figure out what works for you and stick with it. (Garance says she's drawn to a menswear style. And it suits her!)

*Take notes from the experts (i.e. Paris VOGUE's Carine Roitfeld with her always inspiring style of good and bad taste).

*Find unique jewelry to create a distinct style of your own.

*Invest in top design. Save a little bit to buy that piece you'll really love.

*Look for pieces with versatility. Something that can go from day to night.

And the best advice? "It takes a life to make a style." I think that's pretty true, don't you?

Photos: FLARE Magazine, February 2010 - scanned by myself.

10 comments:

Marija said...

Love that! So true. It's like anything creative, you have to have context, make mistakes, experience! For me, this is an intro to Flare so thank you! Marija

bridechic said...

Just discovered your great blog here and want to say the above advise is right on target . . .

The Zhush said...

j'adore Garance Dore!
xx

Bubu said...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hello Friend, I love love love your blog, it‘s very interesting!!! I really like your style!! i‘ll visit you many times for sure honey.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Bubu said...

I‘d like to invite you to visit my fashion blog:

http://www.mydarlingbubu.com/

Thank you :). KISSES FROM SPAIN

•••HAVE A NICE WEEK•••

Daniella said...

Marija - So glad to introduce you to a Canadian magazine!

Bridechic - Thank you! Glad you stopped by...

Zhush - I know, doesn't everyone? lol... I wonder if she finds that weird, hahaha...

Bubu - Happy you found me! Thanks for stopping by as well... I will have to check out your blog...

the style crusader said...

love this! her blog is so great. thanks for sharing it! xx

Caitlin @ Sacramento Street said...

LOVE this post. I've never heard of Flare Magazine before and now I'm hooked. I think Canada has some very inspiring magazines that the US lacks these days.

Thanks Daniella for introducing me to yet another fabulous magazine! xo

Daniella said...

So happy to hear that Caitlin! You're welcome! FLARE and FASHION are the best ones...

Sarah Klassen said...

How wonderful! I don't read Flare, but this is a wonderful article on such a talented lady -- so glad you shared :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin