3.02.2010

flower fever...






Seems all it took was one warm, sunshiny day to get me way too excited about spring. I am so looking forward to green grass, branches with tiny buds and all kinds of flowers peeking out of the earth. There's just something so refreshing about spring flowers – irises, tulips, daffodils, snowdrops, crocuses – I just had to pick up my very first bunch of spring flowers yesterday to kick of March in the best way possible (even if it isn't spring just quite yet).

In decor, I used to despise every flowery pattern out there, but now I really admire it when used amongst neutral decor... like a statement chair, a casual throw, or a daring accent wall... brings some girly fun to the table, no?

Photos: Domino, August 2007 - scanned by myself.

13 comments:

stylecurator said...

what a beautiful post.

Dustjacket Attic said...

You said it, this is so refreshing. Love the first photo, she's gorgeous.
xoxo

Jane Flanagan said...

This was one of my favourite Domino spreads, though I'm anything but a floral girl!

Shorely Chic said...

nice post! I love the touch flowers can bring to a room and I definitely felt the same way you did with the sun and "warmth" today!

Rachel said...

I was never a huge fan of florals until recently. There are some fabrics recently with gorgeous floral patterns on them and wallpaper as well! Perhaps its going through a renaissance?! Gorgeous images xo

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

im torn between loving it and not, but I guess that the right flowers do brighten a room so I'll say yes in a decent dose

SOUL PRETTY said...

I've added you to my blogroll and I have a giveaway, check it out www.soulpretty.com

Destination Inspiration said...

I used to hate floral patterns too! I wondered why that is? Either way, lovely photos here as usual dear x

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

Wow, I never thought I'd love florals so much! But what I am really swooning over is the little herringbone pattern in the carpet flooring in the last two images!

paula said...

I would have never thought I would do a floral, but the last two picks have me thinking other wise.

Sarah C said...

I have always loved florals and love this post. Thanks

Down and Out Chic said...

oh yes, i'm all for a good dose of floral. i think the type of florals you featured add a lovely vintage touch to a space.

Jaime said...

Lovely! I adore the chairs.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin