3.30.2010

golden interiors + collector items...




Absolutely fell in love with this space by Suzanne Kasler, of the book Inspired Interiors. I've really been loving gold lately, which is odd since silver is usually my go-to metallic... however there's something so warm and cozy about shimmering gold, and with Spring coming along it feels much more appropriate for sun-filled days...

I love the book collection, it's one of my dreams to have a full-out library room in my home, with all the old classics I can find. Book bindings used to be so beautiful, with their linen covers and painted gold edges. It's always fun to purchase a book from an antique shop only to find someone's name written on the inside. I can't help but wonder a little about who they were...

Photos: via Decor de Provence, books by Abby Try Again via Julia

10 comments:

Coquette and Dove said...

That room is soooo beautiful. Serene, elegant, original...I'm in love.

Kate said...

I also dream of having a beautiful library in my house: Books from floor to ceiling and some really comfy chairs to curl up in with a good book.

Kate x

Ashlee Brooke said...

so gorgeous... I am loving gold these days too... hmm must be the sunny weather! ;) Thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

i have the same library dream as you- i collect old editions of hardbacks as i find them!

i was at a party recently and the bar was set up in an open, library-esque room with tons of old books. i completely adored it.

Marija said...

Adore gold. Those old hardbacks are beautiful! I found a book once with a card inside where the person had loaned the book to friends (?). Wish that book could talk. Marija

Sandy a la Mode said...

wow, how i would LOVE to have a room full of books as pretty as these!

Black said...

oh wow. I gasped when I saw that room. I want all my books to be golden too!

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

I have gold fever too - I just bought a little gold side table and it makes me so happy. :) I'm so with you on those books too.

I recently met someone who is having Suzanne Kasler design her new house. Can you imagine?!

Daniella said...

That room really is impressive eh? I love it!

Looks like everyone's in a bit of a gold mood lately!

destined to design | jessica said...

Love the combination of those gold book spines with the gold frame grouping to the right - so structured and beautiful.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin