4.22.2010

{coriander girl} a charming flower shop...










Yesterday while reading the new House & Home magazine I came across the most charming, little flower shop i've ever seen, called Coriander Girl. The owner Allison Westlake has a passion for all things botanical, vintage, and eco-friendly, and opened up her darling, little boutique last fall. Described as "shabby chic with a hint of industrial" I love the style of her shop and romantic flower arrangements. Large or small, each bouquet looks like a grouping of freshly-picked wildflowers, which I love. And her mini "In A Pinch Posies" for $5 are perfect if you're in a rush for something pretty, with tags that say things like "I adore you" and "For my darling". The shop also has a variety of soaps, candles, vases, gardening tools, vintage cards, and more. Now i'm just dying to get down there in person and check the place out!

Coriander Girl is located in the Parkdale neighbourhood of Toronto, at 1537 Queen St. W.

Photos: 1 House & Home, 2 - 10 Coriander Girl Blog, 11 - House & Home. Magazine photos scanned by myself.

18 comments:

SogniSorrisi said...

I'll have to check this store out! These are lovely. Great idea with the tags and love the messages on the blackboard.

City.Cottage store said...

Alison, is so sweet! I have a shop in BOWMANVILLE and made a trip to see her shop.Its so sweet welcoming and simple.
Love your blog
jenny
http://simplecasualliving.blogspot.com/

vicki archer said...

It looks like a beautiful shop...I love her way of putting things together, xv.

SPLENDEROSA said...

Amazing. So pretty. So friendly.
Love the little cards. xx's

connie said...

SO pretty! Hmm def on my must-visit list next time I visit Toronto!

♥Simply Seductive said...

Gorgeous post, Danielle.. so well put together as always!

Dustjacket Attic said...

This would have to be the most adorable flower shop I've seen, perfect!
xxx DJ

Jane Flanagan said...

I loved this too!!

The Zhush said...

This is such a charming shop, wish I lived close to it to visit in person!

Miz.November said...

This looks like absolute perfection. Just my style. Wish I could spend an afternoon exploring that shop.

Elsa May said...

Oh I love it - thanks for sharing!

Sarah said...

I love that last line on the chalkboard - sounds like it came straight from my mind!

Annette Piper said...

What a beautiful looking shop - I'm sure everyone could find something desirable in there!

martha brown said...

This IS the sweetest, tiny shop. And I'm so lucky that it's right around the corner from me! I bought a little bunch of posies just last week :)

Daniella said...

martha brown - oh my gosh! lucky you! such a small world that you've already been there!

Courtney said...

Isn't this shop adorable? I flagged these pages in my magazine, too!

Every neighbourhood needs a shop like this.

Jeanne said...

Thank you for this....it made for a great post.
I love these sort of 'shop around the corner' stories even it they are in Toronto! One for the files.
Thanks :)

Jeanne

Andrew said...

Wow thank you for the wonderful post and for being the most fantastic friend. All of this really could not have come together with our you!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin