4.14.2010

{guest post} dreaming of mykonos, greece...









I have such a fascination with Greece…the beautiful waters, food, architecture and culture are so captivating! Awaiting are narrow, whitewashed streets, cubicle houses, tiny, tiny balconies, and colorful windows…an abundance of museums, little churches and chapels, hidden miniscule piazzas, water wells, cafes, and colorful shops. A somehow, postcard-perfect setting…

Mykonos, specifically, is world famous for its beautiful, golden sandy beaches and transparent waters. Apparently, the north coast beaches are less developed but just as beautiful. I love unspoiled places like this. But truly, there’s nothing I love more than setting out on foot, exploring and experiencing the true flavours of a city – the authentic life of those who live there and maintain what we can appreciate today.

This lovely accommodation featured above, is fittingly known as the Grace Hotel. It houses a lovely lounge library, a boutique spa, pool, a gym and wonderful accommodations. I would love to make this place my home, while spending a week in this beautiful escape that is Mykonos, Greece…

- Sarah from Haute Design

Photos: 3, 4, 5, 6 & 8 by Henri Del Olmo scanned from Côté Sud, models 1 & 7 by Mario Sierra, 2 & 9 via Grace Hotel

21 comments:

The Iconic Blog.com said...

I am dreaming of Greece as well. It's hard to imagine a more blissful and beautiful location.

Ludmila {CreamyLife.com} said...

I'm dreaming of the swimsuit from the first picture! So sensual...

SogniSorrisi said...

What a great post. Mykonos is one of my fave places in the world.

Shorely Chic said...

ahh the beauty in this post, architecture, weather, and models! (in a jealous way) - simply GORG!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

oh i would give anything to be transported to mykonos right now

everyanything said...

your blog literally makes my day every day. keep up the great photos and writing!
-martel

Calvine said...

Great post!

I have to say, Daniella, though I miss your posts, this guest posting vacation thing is absolutely fantastic. What a great way to see some new things (and pretty vacation pictures!) as well as find new and interesting blogs out there. Keep it coming, hope your trip is great!

Calvine

BonjourRomance said...

Mykonos sounds good to me. Such pretty images. Love the second shot with the red flowers.
Good day to you,
Mimi

Kristin Hjellegjerde said...

Dreaming with you:)

Sanity Fair said...

lovely post Sarah - I have such find memories of vacationing in the Greek islands! The hues - of water and sky - are exquisite.
Doesn't the bikini model in the first pic look a tad like Bridget Bardot?

♥Simply Seductive said...

Gorgeous post, Sarah. Greece is definitely on my short list of places to travel.

SPLENDEROSA said...

Just lovely, Sarah...you do Daniella proud. Mykonos is one of my husband's favorite places in the world simply because of the beautiful water, and your photos with your lovely writing makes it come to life again.

Bethany Dirksen said...

I have been dying to go to Greece for several years now. In a few months I will be in Europe and hope I get a chance to stop by.

The striking colors are so perfect for inspiration. I am a painter and would love to set my eyes on this beautiful place to get the juices flowing!

www.dirksendabbles.com

Punctuation Mark said...

if i could go there right now... love it!!!

Catherine said...

Great Post! I too am in love with Greece - My mom is half Greek so it holds a special place in my heart!

Beautiful Pictures - I love how the white buildings in Greece contrast against that indigo sky! Would love to go to Mykonos!

Maria said...

Im with you!! i have a total obsession with Greece right now and am absolutely dying to go there...I was thinking about Santorini, but Mykonos looks amazing! great post!

Beebs said...

gorgeous photos- i want to go to greece!

The Wanderers' Daughter said...

AH, my parents honeymooned in Mykonos! I heard many childhood stories about it.

Rachel said...

I am now dreaming of Greece too! Gorgeous post xx

Daily Cup of Couture said...

absoluetly gorgeous! so fun to have all these guest posts!

xo

Destination Inspiration said...

Great post Sarah! I'd love to get to Greece someday, and should do so seeing as it's only a few hours from here by plane! I'll definitely have to look up this Hotel, beautiful!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin