4.22.2010

{jenna's picks} may 2010...



New J.Crew is in stores and i'm finding myself pretty excited about new shades for spring. Loving all kinds of lilacs and peach, maroon, and sky blues... all with a neutral canvas of course. I was even more excited though to catch Jenna Lyons on Oprah yesterday. I don't what it is but I really admire her. Although I suppose it could be her amazing job and a closet that's bigger than my bedroom, lol... either way she seems like a pretty cool person. I wonder what she's like to work with?

She also shared a few great styling tips for pulling together the perfect outfit...

1. Jewelry is an important piece. It's something you can always make a statement with (whether it's a ton around you neck or a great bracelet).
2. If you're wearing something feminine, borrow something from the boys (throw on a piece like a military blazer).
3. Always go for opposites, for example tweed with sequins or something silky, not fluffy and furry.

Now if only there was a Jenna Lyons/J.Crew reality show...

Photos: J.Crew

13 comments:

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

if there was it would be a great show!!

Sandy a la Mode said...

oh my, those are some GREAT blue shoes!! i want them! and those tips are fabulous, i need all the fashion help i can get!!

SogniSorrisi said...

Some really great pieces!

Andrea said...

I was so mad I missed her on Oprah yesterday! I turned it on 10 minutes late and she was already over... J.Crew definitely has a way to suck you in!

The Iconic Blog.com said...

She's the best!x

Calvine said...

Here are some clips from Oprah - SO jealous of her closet!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/21/jenna-lyons-oprah-appeara_n_546983.html

Geisslein said...

This brown leather bag is so GREAT! I have fallen in love now!

Adventures in Dressmaking said...

Oh, so lovely... I am packing for a Paris trip in a couple weeks so this is timely, I will def be channeling JCrew's best.

Sarah Klassen said...

Great post, Daniella! I missed you :)

Lovely fashion + great tips. I purchased a really nice black leather bracelet, with a simple silver rectangular plate on it -- a little more masculine, but I love wearing it with some more feminine pieces. That layered bracelet look. I will have to try working that angle for clothing. Thanks again for sharing...

xoxo

Design Darling said...

does she ever get it wrong? i think you're onto something with the reality show pitch. have a wonderful weekend!

SPLENDEROSA said...

Wonderful post, great combinations.
Marsha

jessica | destined to design said...

Gosh, don't you just love her?

Jeanne said...

You picked well! These are wonderful :)
My favourite is that jacket at the top!

Jeanne

Blog Widget by LinkWithin