4.27.2010

{tolix chic} galvanized steel...







Lately i've been seeing these lovely galavnized chairs and stools all over the place and had to know more. Designed by the french company Tolix in the 1930's, these ultra-chic, ultra-light, chairs can be seen all over the place from country kitchens to elegant parisian cafés. I love how the simple, industrial design makes them versatile pieces for almost anywhere. And as it turns out, one of those places is at the offices of Vogue, being Anna Wintour's chair of choice (here). You don't have to travel to France to get yours hands on one of these beautiful chairs though... here's a few more places to take a peek at...


Photos: Nuevo Estilo via DTI, Marie Claire Maison via Automatism, Delight by Design, Simple Home scanned by myself, Vogue scanned by myself, Unknown | Links for shops via Apartment Therapy

14 comments:

the red bungalow said...

yes i love it too. Sometimes it may come off as too cold, but I think if styled right and put in the right room it looks really great.

Bre @ http://theredbungalow.blogspot.com

kate funk said...

Love these industrial stools!
velvetcupcakeskvf.blogspot.com

Kristin Hjellegjerde said...

Fabulous!!

nyc lu said...

thank you for the constant inspiration! makes me want to run home and re-do my humble abode. i'm just re-joining the blogsophere, and you're one of the latest additions to my blog roll :)

http://clothesure.blogspot.com

The Iconic Blog.com said...

Gorgeous. So industrial-chic. x

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

incredibly chic

Blair said...

Love them! Antiqutaire definitley has the best selection I have seen. One day, one day....

escapade said...

Love these - they look perfect everywhere, indoors + out!

beki said...

I have these, and I LOVE them. They're great for kids - easy clean up, and they stack. They're easy to move around, too. I got mine from overstock - they're a knock off, but the price is great they serve my purpose.
Here they are in my kitchen: http://www.flickr.com/photos/artsycrafty/4277944486/

Miz.November said...

These stools (and chairs) are great. I have always liked an industrial touch in design.

Renee (eatliveshop.com) said...

I love them all! I'm totally feeling everything industrial right now.

Jane Flanagan said...

Amazing round-up!

Leah said...

I love the galvanized steel/reclaimed steel. It adds a slightly warmer, worn in feel to something so industrial.

www.therefrigerator.wordpress.com

Daniella said...

Red Bungalow - Yes, very true... but I love the edge they bring to a room!

nyc lu - Aw thank you! Happy to inspire :)

Blair - I'm thinking the same thing... one day!

Sharalee - That's the beauty of them!

Beki - Lucky you! Nice to hear the stack well too...

Miz. Novemeber - The stool are just great eh? so simple...

Leah - It just adds something so special to the room... like a little french treasure!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin