5.11.2010

artfully framed {butterfly wings}...



Speaking of framed butterflies, after becoming totally inspired by these photos, I am loving the idea of having one of my own to display on my bedroom side table. I mean, isn't that the prettiest accessory ever? Even a detailed "botanical-like" drawing of a butterfly would do in a gorgeous silver frame. There's quite a few online retailers, but since i'm not entirely sure how professional they are, I think I will be heading to my local butterfly conservatory (they guarantee all their butterflies are from a farm in Quebec and have died of natural causes before framing.) Do you have a framed butterfly of your own?

Photos: Style at Home - August 2008 - scanned by myself

13 comments:

Caitlin @ Sacramento Street said...

My mom and I just bought one of these for my aunt. I'm in love with them! I think I'm going to have to go buy on for myself :)

Sternberg Werke said...

I also love butterfly pictures - that I draw them myself, to see on my blog

amy anne said...

my goodness I love that!

Bruna Capraro said...

they are so beautiful and delicate :)
i like it! nice blog of yours! kisses from Brazil

Copious Couture said...

I love those side tables!!! So cool!

Carissa
http://copiouscouture.blogspot.com

Daniella said...

Caitlin - Oh i'd love to know where you got it from!

Copious Couture - I know! I love the idea of something totally different from the usual bedside table... I may switch mine up soon. Less clutter with these ones too!

Sarah Klassen said...

I haven't, but I really enjoy them!

Actually, my Grandma adores butterflies, and for her birthday, I found vintage postcards with butterflies on them, and two little paintings...but this is gorgeous! I'm sending her a link so she can see your lovely inspiration :)

Hope you're having a great day + thank you for the "get well soon" wishes...

xoxo

Luna and Chloe said...

No, I am sorry to say that I do not. But after this post, I want one too! So lovely.

xoxo
kristi

sharon said...

This a beautiful and elegantly framed butterfly. I love that this is such an old tradition. People were framing butterflies 200 years ago, and it's still fashionable!
Sharon

Sarah B. said...

Try BugUnderGlass at Etsy... They're museum quality.

Diane James Home said...

I don't have a beautiful butterfly yet but drool over Christpher Marley's winged angels when we show next to him at the New York Gift Show. He has dozens to choose from on his website www.formandpheromone.com. Besides being an awesome bug hunter, he is a great guy!

Mackenzie {Design Darling} said...

i've been seeing butterflies everywhere lately and i can't get enough! thank you for your sweet comments on my blog yesterday — so happy you could stop by! lovely post.

alli/hooray said...

Thanks for posting this, I love these photos - the butterfly + side tables are amazing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin