6.28.2010

beautifully breezy...


Don't you just love sunrooms? My grama has an enclosed room like this at the back of her house. It's not as glamorous of course, but very italian with an outdoor kitchen. It adds such a great extra space to the house... a place to relax and hang out, or an extra room to have people over for a party, or even just a spot to hide in the shade on a super hot day. I particularly love this room though, the windows are amazing (again with gorgeous window panes) and the couches look super cosy... ahh to be so lucky... it's such a pretty space...

Photo: via Greige

10 comments:

Kimmy said...

This space has lovely bones but I would have to change out the furniture.
A Hamptonesque look would be lovely here, along with a little Merlot and a great novel!

Caitlin @ Sacramento Street said...

Light, fresh and beautiful . . . can I just move in? When I grew up in Washington DC, we had a a sunporch and I miss it so much!

Great post, I look forward to your posts everyday :)

modHello! said...

I love these windows...white, beige, wicker make the room so bright!

kisses, gaia

http://modhello.blogspot.com

Laura Trevey said...

Beautiful natural lighting for the room... so cheery!

Jess said...

Those windows are simply gorgeous. My husband and I spent a weekend on Lake Geneva recently - and all of the beautiful lake houses had amazing windows on the lakefront, similar to these.

Jane E. Smith said...

Oh my gosh. With those big windows, all the light, the basket-like tables and the rustic bench (not to mention fresh flowers), this may be my ideal room.
I'll probably re-blog this photo at galleryofinspiration.blogspot.com. I love it! xo

Sasha {Everything Fabulous} said...

love it!! Would love to get my book...some green tea and spend a quiet day in that room...!!! a girl can dream...!!! :)

nyc lu said...

that is so gorgeous! although i hope it's somewhere cool, or that would get HOT in summer!

Slices of Beauty... said...

Love, love this room too!

Blair said...

Oh wow--absolutely fabulous!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin