6.18.2010

country life + good times...







Lately, i've been totally loving all things country and the idea of living somewhere just nice and quiet... fresh air, blue skies, it all seems so lovely. Of course, a beautiful horse and a giant country home in France wouldn't hurt either, right?

While pulling this post together last night I was thinking about when the last time was that I actually went horseback riding, and realized it was with my best friend quite some time ago! We used to go to this little place about a half hour or so from town, and the last time we were there I almost died from laughter. She'll probably kill me for telling this story, but basically, her horse's saddle was loose and her feet in the stirrups were not. See where this is headed? She literally slid sideways, stuck, almost right underneath the horse! Hahaha... quite possibly one of the funniest things i've ever seen, and i'm still not even sure she's forgiven me for laughing so hard! Looking forward to getting together tomorrow though for some more good times, it's been a while since we've last gotten together! When was the last time you laughed that hard with your best friend?

Photos: Cote Ouest Aout-Sept 2003 via Linen and Lavender, American Vintage, Donna Talley via Desire to Inspire, Plush Palate, Cote Ouest Dec-Jan 2002 via Linen and Lavender, Trouvais

16 comments:

Simply Mel said...

Is it wrong to want the horse's mane hair color?

Gintare said...

HAHA thats funny! Oh my, I don't even know.. When I get together with my girlfriends, its usually all laughs.. :)

The Wanderers' Daughter said...

An ode to flaxen manes! I love it ;)

Marcie said...

Love this post! I used to ride horses and grew up on a farm. The country is great!

xo
Marcie

. rebecca jane . said...

What a beautiful post! I'm moving from San Diego to the middle of nowhere Virginia next week, and was loathing it, but now... I'm a little more excited.

Go country! ;)
Have a nice weekend!

Daniella said...

Simply Mel - Hahaha no! I was thinking the same thing! Too funny...

Rebecca Jane - Aw, glad to offer some excitement! I sure it'll be great though! Just find something you think you'll really enjoy out there... have fun :)

size too small said...

such beautiful photos- i love the slow pace of country life. seems like there's always more time to be amazed.

andrea said...

that story is hilarious! something really funny happened with my sister a long time ago, something you'd have to be there to really find so funny, and we still laugh about it!

this is a gorgeous post as usual!

Laura Trevey said...

.... a girl can dream!

Melissa Blake said...

Those pictures are the epitome of calm. LOVE them!

Kristin Hjellegjerde said...

To sit and read with that portal world looks like healing in itself. Ah!

Sasha {Everything Fabulous} said...

what a fabulous post!! You had at me at the first picture... that horse is too much!!

Dustjacket Attic said...

I just love that pic of the horse, totally gorgeous...our horse is being shod as I type, she hates it.
xxx

Dottie said...

This photo collection makes me ready to pack my bags and escape the city!

As for laughing, the last time must have involved alcohol, not anything as wholesome as horses :)

Pink to Green said...

This is such a dreamy post; love this collection of images together

ApachesPrincess said...

Gorgeous collection! I ride horses and that happened to me the other day, it's one of the most scary things - especially when your at a lope and your horse decides that she doesn't want to slow down ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin