6.10.2010

red lips & striped tops...



Today I was wearing a striped top and dark jeans, along with my navy rubber boots thanks to all the rain, and realized once I arrived at work that I kind of looked overly sailor-ish, lol... have to admit though, I still loved the look. And noticing here how fun a striped top looks with some bright red lipstick... so bold and pretty (and a little less sailor, which is probably a good thing).

Photos: Anja Rubik by Nagi Sakai for Vogue Korea June 2010 via Fashion Gone Rogue, J.Crew's latest catalogue

10 comments:

Liz said...

i have yet to find me the perfect striped tee. sorry about the rain and all but it sounds like you were looking fabulous.

ox ^-^

leanne said...

it's one of my favourite looks, especially with a bit of red lippy - cheers up a dreary day! x

Sasha {Everything Fabulous} said...

Congratulations..!! You are mentioned Lonny Mag!!! That is fabulous!!

Daniella said...

Ahh! Thanks Sasha! I JUST saw it... that is too cool.

Kirby said...

I did the same thing the other day! Got to work and realized I was wearing my new gold Sperry boat shoes, jeans and my favorite blue-and-white striped top!

Kirby
http://www.theshortandthesweetofit.com/

Kristin Hjellegjerde said...

Can't live without my stripes!

the red bungalow said...

*le sigh* red lips remind me of my momma. she always wore red lips when she was dressing up. i think it takes a lot of confidence to rock ruby red lips and i give major kudos to those ladies who do it. fabulous.

Bre @ http://theredbungalow.blogspot.com

Happenstance said...

Love these photos. I'm sure you looked super cute in your outfit:)

goldene said...

such a classic...

Vanessa Mala said...

I love.love.LOVE....STRIPED TOPS WITH RED LIPSTICK.

I'm selling this one, but if it doesn't sell soon, I may keep it.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/45568770/vintage-nautical-stripe-top-with-red

Blog Widget by LinkWithin