7.26.2010

coffee & a good book...



Sometimes I wish bookstores were open earlier in the day, so I could spend the morning relaxing and reading with a good book and coffee in hand before work. Now, of course I could do this at home, but there's just something about the smell of a bookstore that's so soothing, you know?

I was also thinking the other day that I should really display all my books in a better spot than the closet, and I just came across this brilliant idea from Crystal over at Plush Palate... what a great solution to keeping things neat and uniform! I love it...

Hope you're enjoying your week so far...

Photos: {manda} via flickr, buy me a pony via flickr

7 comments:

rebeccamay said...

This post fits me perfectly! I just recently moved to a new apartment and displayed all my books in a neat stacking order on my bookshelf! but this idea is fab!! And I fit in my daily reading on the train commute to work...it's no bookstore, like you said, but I can block everything out around me and it's quite enjoyable!

The Simply Luxurious Life said...

I completely agree that the smell of a bookstore, or books in a library are something I love as well. I'm afraid though that if I went to a bookstore before work, I'd never leave. =) Have a great day.

Priscila Peters said...

Lovely post. I, also, I agree that being in a bookstore or library is so relaxing. And, is there a better way to start your day drinking coffee in a relaxing place?
Your blog is inspiring!

iva yaneva said...

Both photos are so beautiful and they go hand in hand :) I also love the link you shared (thank you!) I've been thinking what would be the best way to display my books for so long, I really like this one.

p.s. working at a bookstore is a job I'd take any time! I spend so much time in bookstores already :))

goldene said...

such a perfect match: a freshly brewed cup of coffee and a good book...

colchetes said...

Lovely post!

MissBliss said...

We just got some new bookshelves and I've been enjoying how my wonderful husband set up the books...

coffee and books-- paradise!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin