7.05.2010

heatwave...


Hi everyone! I'm officially back from a much-loved, extra long weekend. It's been hot, hot, hot here lately, but it made for a beautiful weekend! Thursday and Friday were lazy days off, Saturday was a trip to the market and lunch on the patio at a little café, and on Sunday my boyfriend and I (finally!) headed to the lake for a picnic. Earlier this week I ended up finding an old, wooden picnic basket from Vermont at an antique shop, so it was perfect for this weekend! I'm so glad I held out on getting one all these years, as this one is the perfect shape and size... i'm hoping my (Diana mini) photos work out so I can share them soon!

Now that it's back to reality, I drove to the new office this morning for work and it's beautiful. We have a much bigger space, lofty ceilings, exposed brick, and huge windows looking out onto a river... the change of scenery is totally refreshing, it's kind of nice!

I hope you all had a great long weekend, whether you we're celebrating Canada Day or The Fourth of July, and welcome back!

Photo: Jan Baldwin for Waterside Living by Leslie Geddes-Brown - scanned by Dress, Design & Decor
Please note: If you are viewing this post anywhere other than Dress, Design & Decor, it has been copied without permission. Please view it at the original source, on Dress, Design & Decor.

9 comments:

Tamara Nicole said...

Your weeend sounds lovely, and congrats on the new nice office!!!

islandfairy said...

can you post a picture of the view from your office? it sounds dreamy!we don't even have rivers here so to see one from your office window sounds like heaven to me!

Esther said...

what a great picture :) & yep, sounded like you have an awesome weekend. i always want to do so many things but when weekend finally arrives sometimes i just get too lazy to do ANYTHING :P cant wait to see your picnic basket!

Dustjacket Attic said...

Your new office sounds wonderful!
xxx

Ludmila {creamylife.com} said...

I adore this picture! so serene! your new office sounds wonderful, what a great place to work in! xoxo

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

This reminds me of a lodge I stayed in when I visted Kenya in 2003 - beautiful.

Julie Simoës said...

so cozy!

Miz.November said...

Your new office sounds lovely.
*Isn't it great when you hold off on buying something and the perfect one comes along? Makes it so worth the wait.

Sasha {Everything Fabulous} said...

triple *sighs* breathtaking...love it!!!
Picnic by the lake sounds fabulous!!! I guess I got my answers the new office sounds gorgeous!! Change is good!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin