7.12.2010

sweet & sunny...



Every time I come across a photo of a sweet, little bedroom with wood panelling, it reminds me of a cottage my family and I used to visit when I was younger... lakeside waters, a sandy lot and secret crawl spaces for playing games on rainy days. Sigh... cottage vacations were always the best, if only we all still got the Summer off...

Photos: Jan Baldwin for Waterside Living by Leddes Geddes-Brown - scanned by Dress, Design & Decor
Please note: If you are viewing this post anywhere other than Dress, Design & Decor, it has been copied without permission. Please view it at the original source, on Dress, Design & Decor.

5 comments:

define1lady said...

Lovely post especially the outdoor shower. ;-)

Caitlin @ Sacramento Street said...

I daydream about having an outdoor shower - if only I lived somewhere warm :)

Miz.November said...

Have you noticed that your room choices lately have sort of had the same look? I think a good, cozy, sunny, comfy corner is hanging out in the back of your mind. :) I don't blame you. They all look so welcoming.

Daniella said...

define1lady & Caitlin - I know! How great would that be? And to have the weather for it too!

Miz.November - Hahaha it's so true! I'm in the mood for summer relaxation... wish I had more vaca days!

martha brown said...

I love visiting cottages in the summer! My parents sold ours about 15 years ago -- and bought a house in Nova Scotia (nice, but not an hours drive away like the old one)Now I'm a teacher, with summers off -- and no cottage to visit..... someday maybe.....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin