8.24.2010

fall inspiration :: j.crew sept 2010...








Just when I thought J.Crew couldn't get any better (ha! as if!) I came across this lovely shoot of creamy nudes, camel, dark inky greys – and curly hair! Styles like this are few and far between in the fashion world as far as I'm concerned... sure a whole bunch of editorials feature curly hair, but it's always what I like to call "runway hair". Beautiful for photoshoots and walking up and down the catwalk, but a little too crazy, lions-mane for every day life, know what i mean? This style however... light, bouncy curls with just the right amount of height is absolutely beautiful and the perfect inspiration for my own hair!

Looking forward to cozy popovers, long cashmere cardigans, dark skinny jeans and grey cords with ankle zips... suede shoes, tweed flats and buttery leather bags... all in perfect Autumn shades of camel and caramel hues... right after I head to the salon of course! What do you think though? I'd love to know your opinion on the short curls... light and fun for Fall or too va-va-voom Marilyn Monroe?

Photos: J.Crew catalogue September 2010 - scans by Dress, Design & Decor

20 comments:

andrea said...

love love love love LOVE! i wish so much that i could afford an entire wardrobe by j.crew...

and i love the hair! when it's done right (like here), i often find myself wishing for short, light curls, even though my own is long and stupidly wavy (and not the pretty beach-y wavy either) which i straighten every morning. how come we always want the hair we don't have?!

Sarah Klassen said...

I love it ALL! Oh my... J.Crew has such pretty things to want... the camel color being at the top of my list of must-haves!

I think her hair is fabulous -- want to trade? I once had mine (which is straight) done like this for a photoshoot -- it took nearly 2 hours to set the curls. 1/2 an hour for them to fall loose again. Darn! I haven't seen your hair, but I bet this cut would be cute, especially with scarves falling just under... to try or not to try?

xoxo

secret, fragile skies said...

Love this! Thanks!

agnes szucs said...

Too bad, we have no j. crew over here... i love it! And Siri is such a cutie!

I love your blog, it always inspires me.
:)
szucs

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

I want everything!! love the camel trend and how classic and cool it is at the same time!

copywaitress said...

Well... What can I say... I can't wait the fall :)

Laura Trevey said...

Oh... I can't wait to get myself into some cozy sweaters...

xoxo Laura

Miz.November said...

What a textural feast! I curled my hair like that just last weekend. I love it. The yummy clothes don't hurt, either.

Filipa said...

AH the shoes! I kept forgetting how beautiful the flats are!

Splendid Sass said...

Love teh last image and the handbags and shoes! Great images, as usual.
Teresa

SeaGal said...

Love it all.. just casual, cozy, and comfy that's my style..!

Meisha said...

I absolutely love the curls! I myself have curly hair (for the time being at least) but I have to say, it's not nearly as cute as this!!

La Boheme said...

J. Crew is on a roll with sensuous photography and styling, right?

alexandra grecco said...

xo!

A

hilaryinspired said...

Definitely a do! That's part of what drew me to these looks in the J. Crew catalog to begin with...the bouncy but not too playful, beautiful curls. It's times like these that I wish for curly hair like my mother. I say go for it!

Sasha {Everything Fabulous} said...

OMG love it!! and love how you edited the post..simply fabulous!!! And the hair is perfection!! I need to save some of this images for my inspiration board!

style-haus said...

OMG, there's nothing i don't love about this post. all the colors and leather goods...wow

http://style-haus.blogspot.com/

Proverbs 3:5-6 said...

J.Crew is amazing I'm so happy all the new fall colors are my favorites!!:)

Terri said...

I love the clothes and I love the hair... especially the hair! I'm seriously considering bringing her picture into my hairdresser for inspiration.

Christina said...

My hair is curly, and it could maybe do this...especially if I took a nap on it an then teased it a bit with a comb!
My hairdresser (who specializes in curly hair) LOVES it when I walk in with slightly frizzy, poufy curls...and I always want her to cut those parts off! I think I need to expand my parameters of "acceptable" curls. :)
Christina

Blog Widget by LinkWithin