9.22.2010

beginning to an end...









Here and gone in just a flash, Summer has left us and Autumn has officially arrived. I cannot believe how quickly the Summer flew by... it seems like just yesterday it was heatwaves and bbq picnics! I must admit though, I am ready for Fall. There are so many things I'm looking forward to... apple pie with hot apple cider, soft sweaters and buttery leather boots, pumpkin patches and apple picking, cooking indoors all warm and cozy when it's cloudy and grey outside... so many wonderful Fall activities to enjoy! Planning on savouring this new season while I can. I'm headed to the market today for some gourds to decorate (I love having a few around my place) and possibly a larger pumpkin for the balcony. I might be 7 floors up, but you can still see that familiar orange from afar I'm sure...

What are your Autumn traditions?

Note: I tend to use Autumn and Fall interchangeably. I have no idea why, lol.
Photos: 1, 4, 8 from Lula Magazine October 2009, 2 Christian Sarramon via Haute Design, 3 & 5 Jamie Beck From Me to You, 6 Twig Hutchinson, 7 Karin Mathilda Flickr

17 comments:

Kristin said...

Beautiful autumn post! I can almost feel the chilly breeze! xoxo

Meisha said...

I'm most excited this year about making little mulling spice sachets for hot apple cider and finding a good pumpkin patch and corn maze to visit : -)
I sure love autumn!

secret, fragile skies said...

Beautiful post!

mydesignchic said...

Ahhhh...these images make me excited for fall!!

Camille @ Style Notes said...

So warm, luxe & cozy! Dying for that little gravel patio with café table & chairs...would be the perfect spot to enjoy the cooler weather!

Laura Trevey said...

Perfect collection of photos to embrace the Autumn season!!

xoxo Laura

Rachael said...

Stepping on crunchy leaves!! Love the sound! Great pictures!

www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com

Sarah Klassen said...

so so pretty... I love this post so much. The textures here are just gorgeous! I cannot wait to pick up some pumpkins and gourds, also, and to make pumpkin cupcakes this Sunday. Another tradition we have is to visit our favorite local farms :)

Hope you are having a great wednesday, Daniella,

xoxo

p.s those shorts! I adore them!

elissa, ebb & flow said...

i'm with you! ready to welcome fall and bust out my boots! i'm looking forward to a season of pumpkin flavored food, drinks and cocktails. they're always so delicious.

Miz.November said...

I spend a lot of time just sitting in silence in fall. Just taking in the light and color shifts. These leaf photos convey that feeling perfectly. Fall feeds my soul like no other time of the year can.

Glayki said...

Simply gorgeous!! Love these photos!

escapade said...

Love the warm light in these photos, just perfect! Can't believe it's officially autumn!

amy b.s. said...

it's definitely in the air. i am excited for football games in lovely, cozy sweaters.

Daniella said...

Kristin - Thank you! Me too...

Meisha - What a great idea for spicing up some apple cider... thanks!

Secret, Fragile Skies - Thank you!

mydesignchic - Glad to hear it!

Camille - I know! Isn't it lovely?

Laura - Thank you! I'm all about embracing Fall this year...

Rachael - Oooo that's a good one!

Sarah - Thank you! Pumpkin cupcakes sound delicious! I'm actually headed to an apple butter and cheese festival this weekend... looking forward to that!

Elissa - All good things!

Miz.November - Sounds lovely. I just read an article about how walking in silence with no real destination in mind, just to gather thoughts and relax, is really good for you...

Glayki - Thank you!

Sharalee - Me neither! Crazy right?

Amy - Yes, the sweaters are a nice change to layer on this time of year!

Priscila Peters said...

I just loved this post! Beautiful images. I really love to spend time outdoors in this season.

Dustjacket Attic said...

This has been so beautifully put together, you are just great at gathering the right images for a set.
xoxo DJ

mady dooijes said...

everything is absolutly perfect in this post, just beautiful

Blog Widget by LinkWithin