10.07.2010

fall decor...





Last week I picked up a few Fall items to decorate my home with including pumpkins and gourds, indian corn, and some golden chrysanthemums! I love this time of year where you can decorate your home with so many beautiful things from nature. I mean, doesn't this home just look so welcoming with so many wonderful autumn colours out front? If I had a place like this I'd definitely be doing the same! Have you decorated your home for Fall? I'd love to hear your ideas!

In the mean time though, I hope you're all enjoying the season so far... I feel the need to take advantage of it at every chance I get, especially with Thanksgiving coming up this weekend for us Canadians! (I'm luckily headed to two dinners). I've been to a few applefests now, complete with freshly made fritters and apple cider, and I'd love to get a nice walk through the woods in this weekend while the weather's warm and the leaves are still crunchy underfoot. Hope you're enjoying the season...

P.S. I'm totally obsessing over the squirrel-hiding acorn necklace! How cool is that?




Photos: Scans by Dress, Design & Decor from Home & Country October 2007 by Andreas Trauttmansdorff
Quote: via Country Living October 2007 Collage: By Dress, Design & Decor

Acorn Necklace by
Wendy Branes, Indian Corn via Petr Kratochvil, Leaves - Shutterstock via Google, Chestnuts via Procacci Brothers, Flowers via Flowers Across Melbourne, Rainboots by Hunter, Cashmere Sweater by J.Crew, Umbrella by Hermes, Brie via Reluctant Gourmet, Sweater by AE, Apples via pe.com, Blanket by Hermes, Butternut Squash Soup + Recipe via Creature Comforts, Apple Pie via Chopra, Boots by Frye, Straw via eHay, Apple via NY Apple Country, Pumpkin via Buttermilk Press

18 comments:

Meisha said...

This has to be one of my favourite posts in the history of blogs! I love the little burst of pure autumn warmth and excitement I got just from looking : -)
I'll definitely be peeking back at this when I'm feeling the need for an aesthetic equal to sipping warm spiced cider!

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

That squirrel necklace is so cute!

Sarah said...

I love this post. Such warm and inviting photos and gets me in the mood for fall. Thank you.

Priscila Peters said...

Great post. I simply love the boots.

Daniella said...

Meisha - Wow! Thank you SO much for your sweet cmment, seriously made my day! I'm glad you like the post!

Connie - Isn't it? I love jewelry that had that little quirky bit to it! I just bought a cameo ring that's actually a locket with a little secret compartment... such fun pieces!

Sarah - I love the warm colours of Fall, glad you like it!

Priscila - Thank you! Yes, the boots are exactly what i'm looking for... just need to save some pennies now! lol... Frye is great for boots though...

Simone said...

Absolutely gorgeous - and that house is amazing!!

LOVE those gold Hunters....just bought my daughter some silver ones, never seen the gold ones before :)

Darcy Ann said...

we too have dusted off the wellies and started layering pumpkins with big pots of chrysanthemums across the front porch of our victorian. what a grand time of year!

ana castilho said...

I loved the blog!

White Cabana said...

I love the acorn necklace too. Fab find! And the gold hunters!!! I'm in love. I just bought a black pair (which I adore) but gold!??! I want them!
-Jordana

Caitlin @ Sacramento Street said...

This post is breathtaking - one of my VERY favorites! It put me in the best mood and made me even more excited for autumn. Thank you for this amazing post Daniella! xoxo

Rachel said...

Beautiful post Daniella, such gorgeous fall inspiration xx

Fashionable Interiors said...

Loooooved this post! You always find the best inspirational images!

Julie said...

Such a beautiful way to say hello to autumn!

poetry_book said...

I`ve bought a black pair of wedge wellies, they are so cute and feminin and a wateproof trencoat with a hat in light blue had just arrived. I`m ready for fall! I love this new H&M sweater with squirell http://shop.hm.com/de/campaign?campaign=908_STYLEGUIDE&page=GIRLS_WTWI too!
And many thanks for your post! You are the most inspiring blogger :)

Daniella said...

Simone - Aw, silver would be cute too!

Darcy - grand indeed!

Ana - Thank you!

White Cabana - Hunters are awesome! Makes rainy days a little more pleasant!

Caitlin - Thank you so much for your sweet comment! Glad you like it!!

Rachel - Thank you very much!

Fashionable Interiors - Aw, thank you! Very sweet of you :)

Julie - Just trying to hold onto this lovely season while it's here!

poetry book - aw, cute sweater! thanks for your sweet comment!

Carmie of the Single Nester said...

Ahh Autumn! My favorite season made more special with this post.

Tucker said...

beautiful pictures! fall makes me sooo happy

VogueOntheRange said...

Simply adore this beautiful post! It's like everything I love about fall is captured neatly on the page! xoxox

Blog Widget by LinkWithin