11.05.2010

in southern france...







Friday has finally arrived and I couldn't be more happy about it! I'm off on a little wine tour trip tomorrow for a friend's birthday and can't wait! Wishing it was in Southern France though, so I could magically stumble across a home like this one, a remodelled winery estate, and claim it as my own. I don't think i'd ever leave! I love the rustic look to it with stone and wooden beams, mixed with a few modern pieces throughout. It's the perfect combination really... and how beautiful are those chandeliers? *Sigh*... anyone want to buy me a plane ticket?

Photos: Nicolas Mathéus, scans via French by Design

11 comments:

Connie @ Sogni e Sorrisi said...

Hmmm...I was just about to ask if you wanted to buy my a ticket lol

Happy Weekend!

andrea said...

i love the rustic/modern look of this too! and those purple and gold tones are perfect together!!

plane ticket for me too please? :)

Jessica said...

Even just looking at these pictures makes me feel like I took a mini-vacation!

Caitlin @ Sacramento Street said...

I'll buy your ticket if you buy mine :)

This home is beautiful - I want to move right in!

A La Mode et Plus! said...

Oh I wish I was in southern france, too! These photos are gorgeous!

Rachel said...

So beautiful... I used to live in the South and that's a totally great post description, but I'm pretty sure I could get away with this in my houe in Rennes now! Thanks for the inspiration!

jacqueline. said...

Love these!

Sarah Klassen said...

*sigh* just beautiful -- every inch.

:)

simplygrove said...

GORG!!!

Annie said...

LOVE the purple accents in these pics!!

Jamie Herzlinger said...

What a stunning color palatte - the combination of old and new creates a very lively space. Thanks for sharing!

Jamie Herzlinger

Blog Widget by LinkWithin