11.22.2010

winding down after a whirlwind weekend...








My, oh my, what a weekend it has been! I was so busy with plans for the Canadian Design Blogger Meetup last Friday that I don't think I even posted weekend links...

The night was a huge success though! I really couldn't have asked for a better night. We had a great group of about 60 bloggers, and ate, drank and chatted the night away! We had wonderful giveaways and great sponsor talks. I can't believe how well it all came together. My friend Natalie from A Bit of Blue took photos of our big night and I can't thank her enough. I'll be sure to share here of course once she's done retouching! Thanks to Vie as well for being such a great planning partner for all this! Hats off to her for such a great idea to get everyone together, it turned out so well!

So now, as I wind down from the weekend, i'm planning on taking a closer look through the new issue of Rue out today. And i'm also very happy to have contributed to the issue again (see my last post on Rue). It's always lots of fun doing some editorial layout and thank them for the opportunity! The new issue looks great ladies! I am loving these serene shots of designer Katie Ermilio's home. (By the lovely Jamie Beck of course.)

Hope you're all having a great Monday! I'm looking forward to sharing my new letterpress business cards for Dress, Design & Decor as well this week and getting plans together for another project. There's a lot going on around here!

Photos: Rue Magazine Nov/December Holiday Issue, by photographer Jamie Beck (who also did that fab cover shot!)

18 comments:

Caitlin said...

Sounds like you had a very busy weekend indeed! I can't wait to see photos of your new business cards - since the re-design of my blog I'm going to print some new ones. Hope you have a wonderful Monday! xoxo

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

It was so great finally meeting you! Thanks again for everything. Loving this issue of Rue, too (and I think your photo looks great)!

Wendy said...

Daniella, thank you so much for all your hard work in organizing the meet up on Saturday! It was so great to put faces to the names... thank so much!! Can't wait to the next one, and feel free to ask for help - :)

Could I Have That? said...

These images are so dreamy, I just love them.

Sounds like an amazing blogger night! Wish I lived in Canada :)

http://couldihavethat.blogspot.com/

Kelly @ JAX does design said...

Saturday was absolutely fantastic! Big thanks to you and Vitania and Jen and everyone else involved for organizing such an outstanding event. Hopefully we'll have a chance to chat at a future blogger meetup :-)

Kelly

Splendid Sass said...

Have seen it, and it is gorgeous! Going back to sit down and see it all.
Teresa

Designwali said...

ooh so sorry i missed it! Can't wait for next time!

Casa Très Chic said...

Fantastic images, love all of them.
A nice week to you.
Tereza

Casa Très Chic said...

Fantastic images, love all of them.
A nice week to you.
Tereza

fashionable palette said...

Such beautiful, soft photos...

Simply Seductive said...

Hi Daniella,

Also winding down. The night was so wonderfully organized and it was a special treat to finally meet you. I can't wait to see your business cards.

p.s. lovely, lovely post.

All the very best,

Linda, xo

Verdigris Vie said...

Definitely one of my favorites in Rue Daniella.. love that pale green.

vie

Sarah Klassen said...

the new issue is fabulous! there is such a range of inspiration throughout the entire magazine. They are lucky to have you on the team, Daniella :) also, I cannot wait to see pictures from the event this weekend—I'm so glad that it went well.

Have a great evening,
xoxo


p.s it's freezing here all of the sudden -17 degrees, with a dash of snow—eek! I was silly and decided to go outside and clean the inside of my car. not my brightest moment for certain, but I made it through!

christine {bijouandboheme} said...

It was so great to have met you on Saturday and thanks so much to you for helping to put it all together-really had an amazing time!
I love your collection of Rue pictures- so dreamy and glamorous. I have been pouring over the magazine all day and am totally smitten with all of it.
Hope to chat in person again at the next hopefully happening meetup. xo

Rachel @ Little Bits of Lovely said...

The new issue of Rue is gorgeous as ever! Congrats on your article! xx

Nicole R. said...

Wow - you've been busy! We'll have to get together soon to catch up on all of the exciting things going on in our lives. LOL

Email me sometime this week when you have some free time and we can figure out a plan. :)

P.S. Can't wait to see your new cards!

Esther said...

that one of the fireplace is so beautiful <3

Priscila Peters said...

So pretty! Incredible images.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin