12.08.2010

traditional charm...















" 'People tell me i'm the contrary [to holiday trends]... but I like things to look like they belong together.' And here, that means relying on nature's basics and a sense of the simple celebrations of times past." Micheal Czerewko (home owner) & Leah Weber (author for H&C)

Lately i've been day-dreaming over this beautiful editorial and hope to one day have a country Christmas just like it, with all kinds of traditional charm and simple decor, to evoke feelings of coziness and ultimate comfort. Fresh garland, pine cones and wreaths hung all around the home... with knitted socks for stockings, and presents wrapped in kraft paper and pretty bows. And, how lovely would it be to enjoy all your favourite Christmas goodies and a cup of tea by the fire? I'm loving the stack of vintage cards and the simple decor on the Christmas tree too... those paper curls? Genius! One of these days i'll create a Christmas just like this, with hopefully lots of snow and sunny skies too... perfect, no?

Photos: Scans by myself - Dress, Design & Decor, from Home & Country, November 2007, photographer Donna Griffith, produced by Leah Weber & Ann Marie Favot, editorial by Leah Weber

16 comments:

classiq said...

wonderful! i'm dreaming of a warm and peaceful Christmas.

Charlotta Ward said...

Divinity! I love these rustic settings and what could be more perfect for Christmas than this?!?

Thanks for sharing. I fell all cozy and snug now.. :)

x Charlotta

Splendid Sass said...

This is the way winter SHOULD look! I adore that last image, and I would love to have that table.
Have a nice day.
Teresa

VMcreation-fashion-studio-atelier said...

Such heavenly nice post with absolutely invited photos for the mostly wonderful holidays in the year!!!

thank you so very much for this Christmas mood:-)*

Cheers and love,
***Violetta***

secret, fragile skies said...

beautiful. love this post. thanks!

Nicole Franzen said...

You always post the best pics and have a fantastic eye. I love your blog.
x
Nicole
http://nicolefranzen.blogspot.com/

Project Shannon said...

This is so lovely. It makes me want to celebrate the holiday at some cabin in the hills. So beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us!

The Iconic Blog.com said...

Sounds heavenly. Those shots are positively charming!x

annawithlove said...

this post warms my heart as do all your fabulous posts! love it!

www.annawithlove.com

Lizinka said...

Daniela - that tree is just the inspiration I have been searching for! small, simple, rustic - perfect! Thanks for posting. :)

Sasha {Everything Fabulous} said...

what a lovely post...! Makes me want to run to the country and just snuggle with my kids and drink hot coco...!! It's amazing how you are able to evoke feelings through your posts.... love it!! Hope you are having a fabulous day!

Leah - The Inside Story said...

Absolutely perfect! Such coziness and warmth. I wish I was there!

Daniella said...

classiq - thanks! glad to hear it!

Charlotta - Cozy and snug is the idea! It's so nice isn't it?

Teresa - I think so too! I love the simpleness to it all...

Violetta - I'm glad you like it! Thanks so much for your always sweet comments...

Secret Fragile Skies - thank you!

Nicole - Aw thank you! I try to! lol...

Shannon - I know, me too. I totally want to rent a winter cabin now...

The Iconic Blog - It does sound heavenly eh? Perfectly relaxing...

Anna - Aw thank you! What a sweet comment...

Lizinka - Oh yay! So happy to hear that, love when I can share a little inspiration...

Sasha - Thanks Sasha! We need to catch up! Let's both run away to a winter cabin, hahaha...

Leah - Me too!

Priscila Peters said...

INSPIRING! That's all I can say....

mydesignchic said...

Love this warm and cozy space...perfect!!

Green Pickles said...

oh my word, those interior photos and your blog are just BEAUTIFUL!

I'm your newest follower and would LOVE you to follow me back:
http://www.greenpicklesblog.co.uk

Love from
Aimee
x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin