I've always thought of pairing wintry whites with icy hues of silver or light blue... but with berry tones and a little touch a lilac here and there, it makes for such a warm and inviting home. It's a festive palette, and something a little different that you can carry throughout every room in the house. I love the fuzzy, sage-green lamb's ears strung up as garland, and the mini candlesticks add a pretty little glow, to the shiny and matte shades of grey and silver. It has such a nice Scandinavian feel to it as far as decor goes, doesn't it? Light and airy, but still inviting.
Love the palette? Here's a few lovely tips from this gorgeous editorial to make it all your own...
1. Hang dainty touches of greenery.
2. Suspend low-hanging light for ambient glow.
3. Use textured linens to layer different shades of white.
4. Add lustre with rich dark plums and grey.
5. Include natural elements and crisp accents.
Photos: Scans by myself - Dress, Design & Decor from Home & Country Winter 2008 by photographer Linnea Press. Article by Suzanne Moutis.